Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 2.5 Lift

Old 07-21-2013, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what else do I need for the 2.5 lift? Front brackets too?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikshroy
So what else do I need for the 2.5 lift? Front brackets too?
I went with the brackets instead of adj. control arms. If you see a lot of rocks avoid the brackets and see if you nee the arms. They definitely helped steering. I also opted for extended for longer brake lines instead of drop brackets. Other than that you dont need anything else.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't buy a procal because I was just going to use my friends Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator. Did I need one?
Old 07-23-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Super Freak

I didn't buy a procal because I was just going to use my friends Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator. Did I need one?
If its anything like the superchips they are vin locked. Can only be used on one jeep at a time and have to pay to unlock it everytime.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

I don't think ill be going over anything major. I do minor trails and drive on the beach. So I'm thinking 2.5 will be good.

I'm not very experienced in lifts so should I try to install myself or hire?
when I installed this lift on my jeep it was the first lift I installed on a jeep and it took me 8 hours using hand tools, 2 jack stands, and a jack. I ran the set for 6 month was a little flighty on the highway but not bad. when I put the control arm brackets on it was night and day difference on the highway. I was stationed at a navy base that had a car place to and they had everything you could want to install a lift with ease.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have the aev 2.5 with the geometry brackets. it sits a little higher than i thought it would, even after installing heavy aftermarket bumpers, rock sliders and a hi lift jack. i've got 35's, but it looks to me like it could easily handle 37's.

i haven't had the chance to test it offroad, but it handles great on road.

i had mine installed by a reputable offroad shop for about $400. the thought of spending a day on my back underneath my jeep just didn't sound like an appealing trade off vs. simply shelling out $400. plus, i don't have tall enough jack stands to properly do the work, so that would have set me back some $$$ as well. if i had access to a lift, i probably would have done it myself.

keep in mind that you might need an alignment after installing the kit. mine was pulling pretty bad and needed an adjustable ball joint, but now it tracks straight as an arrow even on the freeway at 70mph with no hands on the wheel.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an FYI, my jku with 34's and the aev 2.5 DS handles like a dream on and off road.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

I am going to install this myself. I am very new to all of this so it should be a good learning experience!
Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

So i got the rear end done today and will work on the front tomorrow. Couple questions if anyone can answer. Is it wise to drive it just having the rear end done, I would like to drive it to work instead of paying for a cab? Also, are installation of shocks universal just fit them on the damn jeep or a specific front & back. Sorry for all the questions I have no mechanical skill.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

So i got the rear end done today and will work on the front tomorrow. Couple questions if anyone can answer. Is it wise to drive it just having the rear end done, I would like to drive it to work instead of paying for a cab? Also, are installation of shocks universal just fit them on the damn jeep or a specific front & back. Sorry for all the questions I have no mechanical skill.
Driving it shoukd be fine assuming you torqued everything corectly. The shocks are front and rear specific. They have different mounting ends. They are super easy to install.

Quick Reply: AEV 2.5 Lift