Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 2.5 Lift

Old 07-19-2013, 03:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 2.5 Lift

I am pretty new to the forum and just purchased my first jeep recently. I am thinking about buying the 2.5 AEV lift. How is this vice the 3.5 lift? How tough is it to install by yourself? I would probably go to the hobby shop on the military base. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

2.5" does not come with the high steering setup, aev procal unit or the front geometry brackets

At a minimum the front brackets ~100 and the Procal ~160 if you go to larger tires would need to be additionally purchased
Old 07-19-2013, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there's a big price difference. i went with the 2.5 and the geo brackets and procal. i run 33s but there is def room for 35s. once you get to 3.5 there are lots of other components involved besides just the springs and shocks. imo unless youre a super hardcore guy or want to run 37s or something i'd go with 2.5. and if you are really into rocks and stuff there are companies besides aev that a lot of ppl would suggest. i can't speak to to the install, i had a shop do it. i don't have anywhere to do it or even the jacks. it took them about 5 hours
Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikshroy
I am pretty new to the forum and just purchased my first jeep recently. I am thinking about buying the 2.5 AEV lift. How is this vice the 3.5 lift? How tough is it to install by yourself? I would probably go to the hobby shop on the military base. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
My friend and I both run this lift and are very satisfied with it.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ran this lift for 6 months and then stepped up to the 3.5". The 2.5" handles 35's just fine and rides really great on the road. 3.5" rides nice but has a little more body lean in the turns.

I switched based on feeling like the 4 door needs at least 37"s to be good Offroad in the rocks. Really just depends on how large of obstacles you think you will be trying to go over.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

I don't think ill be going over anything major. I do minor trails and drive on the beach. So I'm thinking 2.5 will be good.

I'm not very experienced in lifts so should I try to install myself or hire?
Old 07-19-2013, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Installed mine a few months back in a garage. Took a good 8 hours because I didnt follow the instructions and I shoud have. A garage will set up back about $400, I would go that route next time I do a lift. I dont have a lot of patience for this type of work. I drive on the beach a lot and this lift handles so well its crazy, even when you load your jeep up with tons of people!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Most 2.5" are pretty easy to instal. I'm no mechanic and nicked mine out with basic tools and a few jacks. Make sure you get some jacks stands and a torque bar.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Im set on the AEV Dual XT 2.5" w/ correction brackets and procal. I plan on using my stock wheels on 33's w/ 1.5 spacers. Any suggestions or knowledge on what else I may NEED for this set up?!? Is a exhaust spacer a must for this? Thanks in advanced.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Anvil_2014
Im set on the AEV Dual XT 2.5" w/ correction brackets and procal. I plan on using my stock wheels on 33's w/ 1.5 spacers. Any suggestions or knowledge on what else I may NEED for this set up?!? Is a exhaust spacer a must for this? Thanks in advanced.
2.5" is plenty for 33's and it will handle better on the street (lower center of gravity).

Then you can get a Superchips Flashcal (same price as Procal) that doesn't use dip switches or need a cheat sheet.

Quick Reply: AEV 2.5 Lift