Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev 2.5" lift.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new 2.5" lift is all installed and the new ride height is great. The whole install took us about 5 hours. (we did have 3 people working on it so it went faster). All in all I am very happy with the outcome. Took it for a test ride this morning and noticed the steering needs to be adjusted, but no big deal. The ride does seem to be smoother, but I have not had a chance to take for any big duration.

After the lift was done, we proceeded to install the corrections brackets, the one bolt on the passenger side by the exhaust is a like arm wrestling a grizzly bear. Ended up using the jack and a piece of wood to lift up the exhaust. On the the other side we over torqued a factory bolt and snapped it off. Quick cut with a sawzall (sp?) and a run to the hardware store we were back in business and sitting by the fire with a cold one.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisPBacon
The new 2.5" lift is all installed and the new ride height is great. The whole install took us about 5 hours. (we did have 3 people working on it so it went faster). All in all I am very happy with the outcome. Took it for a test ride this morning and noticed the steering needs to be adjusted, but no big deal. The ride does seem to be smoother, but I have not had a chance to take for any big duration.

After the lift was done, we proceeded to install the corrections brackets, the one bolt on the passenger side by the exhaust is a like arm wrestling a grizzly bear. Ended up using the jack and a piece of wood to lift up the exhaust. On the the other side we over torqued a factory bolt and snapped it off. Quick cut with a sawzall (sp?) and a run to the hardware store we were back in business and sitting by the fire with a cold one.
I've got my AEV 2.5 sitting I'm pieces in my living room......just waiting to be on my JK. I have 2 buddies helping me in a week to pop her on. Now that you have it on, can you give me any tips, tricks and pointers to help my install? I also got the correction brackets, I also got some JKS quicker disconnects. Any help would be phenomenal! Anything short of giving me step by step instructions :p. Unless of course you'd like to! Haha.

Quick Reply: Aev 2.5" lift.