Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 2.5 Dualsport xt suspension

Old 06-27-2013, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 2.5 Dualsport xt suspension

Do i need ??? Exhaust spacer ?

Wheel spacer ?

Or any other thing ??
Old 06-27-2013, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exhaust spacer: NO

Wheel spacers: Maybe? Are you planning on running stock rims?

I am running the same lift. I decided I didn't like the brake line drop brackets so I went with extended brake lines instead. I suppose that's a personal call. I also didn't like the front sway bar link relocation brackets (also these didn't work with my setup anyway because I have C gussets welded on right where those brackets would go) so I bought new front sway bar links.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm happy with the end product but a little frustrated that they cut some corners and used fancy bracketry instead of just supplying the right parts.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

X2 on the cut corners. I bought jks extended sway bar links because of my c gussets and got longer brake lines. Didnt need an exhaust spacer but I have a 2010. Wheel spacers yes if you run wider than stock tires. Also got the geometry brackets. Overall this kit it amazing considering it a 3" overall lift. I drive like I stole it and it handles much better than stock.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

You se simething wrong on the brake line or sway bar ??
Old 06-27-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Im running the 33s km2 from BFgoodrich.

So you recommend me to upgrade my sway bar too.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

I send an email to AEV and they tell the only thing extra I need was the geometry bracket.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Super Freak

You will need longer sway bar links if you run any lift. The JKS ones are nice because they are a manual quicker disconnect. They will give you much more articulation with your front axle. They run about 150 for a set. AEV gives you extensions but you cant disconnect them. You dont need them but you are better off with them just like longer brake lines and not drop brackets. The geometry brackets they are talking are great for on road driving. I have them and recommend them unless you will see alot of rock crawling.

Last edited by blue project; 06-27-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Quick Reply: AEV 2.5 Dualsport xt suspension