Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV 2.5" coil lift

Old 05-09-2012, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV 2.5" coil lift

Anyone got any feedback on this for the money vs other kits. Seems about perfect although AEV is costly, I think its going to be setup once and for all just right. I am not really going bigger than 33's (Nitto Trail Grappler) until my JK is not a daily driver and I love the look

Last edited by mkjeep; 05-12-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: no competing links
Old 05-09-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will let you know. I am installing one next week.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very happy with mine. I'm ran stock Rubi 32's for a while, but now have 35's. This is my daily driver and I commute about 15 miles each way. In my opinion, the ride is much better than stock, and handling seems tighter. I did add the geometry correction kit as well.

Here's another thread about this kit
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...estion-218616/
Old 05-09-2012, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

For a daily driver and expedition type, I'm not sure you can beat this lift. Great ride and handling.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Zim
JK Enthusiast

Default Handling: Wow

So, is this going to be the official AEV 2.5 thread? I just posted my impressions on the AEV board, I had it installed today, here is what I wrote:

I'll post some pics later, but I know this thread is supposed to be about driving impressions too, and all I can say is, "wow," it's exactly what I was hoping for. I have a 2 door sport with no options except for hard top, A/C, and 3.73 gears, and I hated the way it wallowed in the corners and would nose dive when braking. Could a suspension lift actually fix this? Somehow, yes. I'm sitting 6 inches higher than I was yesterday (3.5" from the lift, 2.5" from the the upgrade to 34" Nitto Trail Grapplers), and it handles like a sports car. Not that a Jeep needs to or should, but she's my daily driver with annual trips to the Outer Banks sand dunes, so it's perfect for me. Height wise, I think I might have been content with a leveling kit, but handling wise, I'm very very happy I went with the AEV 2.5 kit, the triple rate progressive springs do exactly what they promise. I installed the geometry correction brackets as well, not sure it was necessary, but I didn't want to risk any degradation in handling. If you are considering this kit, I would not hesitate to pull the trigger, you will not be disappointed.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

The AEV site says 2.5 lift doesn't require the geometry relocation brackets but it is an option. Is this what keeps the nose from diving under braking? Should I just get it anyway just for the hell of it?
Old 05-12-2012, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jrhsvt
The AEV site says 2.5 lift doesn't require the geometry relocation brackets but it is an option. Is this what keeps the nose from diving under braking? Should I just get it anyway just for the hell of it?
Yes the brackets stop nose dive almost completely.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

yes AEV is a little on the pricey side but they do their homework and test every thing be for they send it out the door. I love my AEV lift and it rides much beter than the stock setup I couldn't be more happy with it.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grumpy1
yes AEV is a little on the pricey side but they do their homework and test every thing be for they send it out the door. I love my AEV lift and it rides much beter than the stock setup I couldn't be more happy with it.
X2!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:33 PM
PGT
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grumpy1
for OEM levels of testing, you can't do better. Heck, the Mopar 2.5" kit uses Bilstein 5100's as well and costs more. Not sure how AEV can be considered "expensive". Besides, if you needed any convincing....check this video out:

AEV Track Day - YouTube

Quick Reply: AEV 2.5" coil lift