Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aeroforce Gauge ?'s

Old 06-22-2010, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroforce Gauge ?'s

We recently got the Aeroforce gauge, can someone who has this gauge installed help me out with the tire size and gear change? I would like to change the tire size and gear ratio to the proper rates for each, I thought this gauge allowed me to do this, if it does how I cannot get it figured. Any assistance would be great. Oh and they have no numbers at all to call if you need help, none! Crazy. JOE>
Old 06-22-2010, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the guages with the previous release firmware, so mine may not do the tire size/axle ratio. I never really looked into it as I have a Procal to do that. If you do not have those menu options, then your firmware version may be too old.

Do you have the latest manual? If not, click on Manuals at the top of aeroforcetech.com home page. Click on the top manual for Firmware version 3.6 for CAN vehicles (is a .PDF doc). On page 12, it talks about setting tire/axle stuff.

aeroforcetech.com has a forum for tech help specific to these guages, I would start there. It has helpful info and I used it before purchase to confirm the guage would work with a Hemi JK.

Last edited by Yankee; 06-22-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

From Aeroforce forum

Tire Size: Enter the circumference in millimeters. Engine must be off, ignition on. If you know circumference in inches multiply by 25.4. If you know diameter in inches multiply by 79.756. Round your answer to a whole number. For example, 2072.86 would be entered as 2073. Once in the entry screen, use the left button to enter a value, use the right button to toggle to the next digit. Once all digits are entered hit the right button again to exit and store new value.

Axle Ratio: Enter the axle ratio. Engine must be off, ignition on. For example, your ratio is 4.10:1. Enter 04.10 or 004.1, using the left button to enter number, right button to toggle to next digit. After last digit hit right button once more to enter value. Once you exit the new value is stored.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

It reads through the OBD II port.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzcode
Has anyone used this for a A/T temperature gauge?

If so, did you buy their A/T probe, have it drilled/welded into the pan, or does it somehow read the A/T temps through the CANbus system, by plugging the Aeroforce into the OBD connector?

This is one of my next mods/upgrades, as I'll be installing an A/T cooler, and I want to get the gauge installed first, so I can measure the improvement, and monitor the temps moving forward.

Thanks in advance.

RC
As ron says, it monitors tranny fluid sump temp through the computer port. Seems Chrysler built in a sensor but no display (Besides a "your tranny is now melting" chime I guess). The guage is handy because, while not cheap, it is plug and play and can scan a bunch of other things.

Last edited by Yankee; 06-23-2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Many Thanks to everyone for helping. JOE>

Quick Reply: Aeroforce Gauge ?'s