Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advise needed using 1" spacers (rubbing)

Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Advise needed using 1" spacers (rubbing)

I have 15" rims w/ 33"x12.5 BFG tires. When I went out and flexed on a tall rock with the drivers side front wheel, the passenger's side rear wheel has on'y about a 1/2" clearence at the outer edge of the fender well.
(see pictures) I rub when I'm moving on the trail occasionlly on the outer edge of the fender. I like the look I have and really don't want a full blown lift right now, ($$) so I am adding Teraflexes 1" spacers all the way around.
My questions is: I know I now lose 1" on the down side of wheel travel from the spacer lift, but do I lose anything elese? Also will this hurt the shocks if I don't change them out? I do plan on changing them out eventually.
Thanks for the help.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Advise needed using 1" spacers (rubbing)