Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advise for my first woops?

Old 09-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Xenon time!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hoochkins
Knocked the rear right fender off back on 7-12 at Evans Creek, used some generic push in holders from the hardware store and it worked for a wile. A couple of trips and 2 months later, the thing is acting like its giong to fall off again.

Any one know of a good and cheep way (home-made perhaps) way to keep these stock fender flairs on untill I can aford to buy some new ones?

havn't done this to the back yet but for both front ones i removed the fender brace(couple bolts under the fender) and the inner fender liner pretty much comes with it. i seperated the liner and the brace once removed to make the install easier. removed fender and all plastic clips, used small bolts with big washers. its a stupid set up but it worked for me. bolt the fender on first then i trimmed the fender brace and re-installed it, did have to lift up on the fender to pry the brace in. once the brace is in put the liner back on and repeat on the other ones. back can't be much different cause i don't see a brace
Old 09-18-2009, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Well the right rear fender is still acting like it going to fall off....

and now I hit the left rear so hard that it poped off and almost came loose from the inner finder well.

I decided to remove the inner finder well and only put back on the fendor flair (need it for laws here in WA state)

Other then for looks any one see a need to have that inner fender well inplace?
with out it the fender flair installed back with cheepo clips really quick.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

I left the rear inner fender off on the back of my Xenons I just installed. I like the paint look as well.

The fronts I put the inner's in for splash protection.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just found the right ones to buy : Chrysler 55157055-AA ... look for them on e-bay.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Nuts, washers and bolts. I lean the JK on the flares all day on the trees and they bend indefinitely, and spring back up. Don't get any clips, trust me.

Fronts and rears are bolted on, they don't budge.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by w squared
There are two ideas behind those little plastic fasteners:

#1. They're cheap.

#2. They're fragile...so the will snap/pull out/whatever before you actually do damage to your sheet metal

Fasteners are cheap. Repairing metallic body damage is not
I agree

Quick Reply: Advise for my first woops?