Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advise on a Lift Kit Please

Old 05-30-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise on a Lift Kit Please

Hi,

I have recently bought myself a JK (3 door) and im looking to get a 3" lift kit to run 35s. I'd like some feedback on what people feel is a good quality kit thats not $1000+ and if the kit comes with everything i need to do the job properly, i'll be using the JK everyday so id like to keep or improve current road performance.

I'd also like to know what bits i should really be putting on before going off road, like fuel take protector and skid plates ect...

i know this gets asked a lot put there are so many people saying different things it gets confusing, appreciate any help you guys can give a noob!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TeraFlex has a 3" kit that retails for $826.99 (#1251200) no control arms or front trackbar. But both of those can be added later if you wanted.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You don't have to spend a bigillion dollars to run 35s. A 2.5" budget boost will do it.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SteveJK
Hi,

I have recently bought myself a JK (3 door) and im looking to get a 3" lift kit to run 35s. I'd like some feedback on what people feel is a good quality kit thats not $1000+ and if the kit comes with everything i need to do the job properly, i'll be using the JK everyday so id like to keep or improve current road performance.

I'd also like to know what bits i should really be putting on before going off road, like fuel take protector and skid plates ect...

i know this gets asked a lot put there are so many people saying different things it gets confusing, appreciate any help you guys can give a noob!
There are probablly 15 manufactures with variations of about 4 to 10 kit's so you can see why there are so many options.

I have a 2.5 tf bb but I had to either get aftermarket rims or spacers for it to work without rubbing. no biggie for me since I was looking at aftermarket black rims for my tires.

so to answer your question you can go from 2.5" kit's and up.

As for going offroad, you need nothing for the simpler trails except a full tank of gas. You might need a few manditory recovery items and cb which you can find a minimum list on most local 4 wheel clubs. If you haven't taken it out yet please do this 2 or 3 times before you start investing in alll the mods so you know what you'll need vs. want. skids are a great investment if you do it enough.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah i was thinking about the TeraFlex kit and i have seen some wheel on here that i really like and understand ill need them for the back space.

So, if i just get a standard Teraflex kit that'll do the job fine and ill not need to buy anything, or would it be better to get the control arms?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

OME sets a about 700.00 you can add track bars later
Old 05-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveJK
Yeah i was thinking about the TeraFlex kit and i have seen some wheel on here that i really like and understand ill need them for the back space.

So, if i just get a standard Teraflex kit that'll do the job fine and ill not need to buy anything, or would it be better to get the control arms?
You don't need control arms with a TeraFlex 2.5" kit.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

ome and teraflex both make good kits. teraflex is less pricey though. i would at least add the front track bar so you can recenter your axle but it is not necessary.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
TeraFlex has a 3" kit that retails for $826.99 (#1251200) no control arms or front trackbar. But both of those can be added later if you wanted.
This is a good kit and great company. The customer service is awsome if you have questions...... I have the 3" kit for the 4 door and love it....
Old 05-30-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry for being such a noob but what do the control arms and track bar do?

And a question for teraflex - Can i use your 2.5" lift with 35s and get no rubbing at all?

Quick Reply: Advise on a Lift Kit Please