Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advice on Suspension Lift Kit for my JK?

Old 02-25-2014, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Suspension Lift Kit for my JK?

I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I am driving myself crazy right now because I can't decide on what is a good brand name of a lift kit for the price and which brand names stand up to their product. I'm looking to give my JK a 3", 3.25", or 4" suspension lift. Want something that's going to last and offers factory ride and handling with the off/on-road performance and durability. I want something affordable yet worth the money. So if someone could help and give me some advice? I want to know which ones to steer clear from too. Also could you post a photo of your JK with a 3", 3.25" and 4" lift?

Last edited by 67eleanorgt500; 02-25-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

What's your budget? What size tires you plan on running? How often are you going to take it off road? Give us more info on what your expectations are.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1LuckyJK
What's your budget? What size tires you plan on running? How often are you going to take it off road? Give us more info on what your expectations are.
Lift kit budget: $500-$1,500

Tires and size: 33's or 35's Mickey Thompson BAJA MTZ Radial's

I go off-roading mainly up to the sand dunes a few times a year. Went on several snow off roading trips with the jeep club this season. Might swap my stock wheels with off road ones when im not off-roading.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stick with a 2.5" you don't need anymore lift then that. It will save you money in the long run too...

Read through the stickies that are posted they will cover most of the questions you probably have.

Last edited by SpicedCrusher; 02-25-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:36 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 67eleanorgt500
I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sport. I am driving myself crazy right now because I can't decide on what is a good brand name of a lift kit for the price and which brand names stand up to their product. I'm looking to give my JK a 3", 3.25", or 4" suspension lift. Want something that's going to last and offers factory ride and handling with the off/on-road performance and durability. I want something affordable yet worth the money. So if someone could help and give me some advice? I want to know which ones to steer clear from too. Also could you post a photo of your JK with a 3", 3.25" and 4" lift?
Any company worth their salt will offer a warranty of some type behind their product. (There are always an * on some parts in most case, FYI.)
Look to one Made in the USA too.
I have a JKU with one of our 4" system on 37's.

33' or 35's can be done on a 3" system too.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rancho
Any company worth their salt will offer a warranty of some type behind their product. (There are always an * on some parts in most case, FYI.)
Look to one Made in the USA too.
I have a JKU with one of our 4" system on 37's.

33' or 35's can be done on a 3" system too.

You bet I'm going to make sure it's made in the USA. I'm big on American made products! Is Rancho a good product and are they made in USA?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:02 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 67eleanorgt500
You bet I'm going to make sure it's made in the USA. I'm big on American made products! Is Rancho a good product and are they made in USA?
Yes we are made in the USA. (One of our shocks are made in Canada but assembled here, our monotube shock the RS7000MT) Our systems aren't as expensive as some nor as cheap as others. We feel that we offer systems that are complete and upgradable to your price point. I run with a lot of more expensive rigs and I keep up with them no issues at all. Good luck on your quest. Check out the 3" TRAIL system.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the 3 inch trail kit waiting to go on in
Two weeks

Quick Reply: Advice on Suspension Lift Kit for my JK?