Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advice with susp/tire upgrades please!

Old 08-23-2009, 10:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I neglected to mention that in my quest for tires and a lift I've discovered "backspacing" . So after a lengthy debate about whether to go with spacers on my 18's or to buy new wheels I've decided to go with 17" Pro comp series 97's. Which look the same as Cragar soft 8's (can't seem to find Cragars in BC) . The first guy I spoke to quoted me $135 Canadian per wheel and once again the greasy second guy I spoke to said he'd do em for $89 Canadian just to beat the first guy. So as with the tires I'm gonna ask the first guy to come close to the $89 price.

But thanks for the input!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

I have the mtr kevlars on stock 17 wheels with spidertrax spacers.... very happy with the mtrs kevlars... look good, ride nice, not loud and work in most types of situations.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

You won't regret the ProComp Xtreme MT's!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JKBully
You won't regret the ProComp Xtreme MT's!
Agreed!! these tires are getting some of the best reviews for MT's
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

From what I see the M/T's are great but I'm not looking at the M/T's. I'm looking at the A/T's. From what I see the tread pattern of the A/T's looks like it might be a little safer on the ice covered roads here in Prince George in the winter. As I'll be driving it 90% on road I need tires that will allow me to play and work .

And although we do get tons of snow here in PG and I hear the M/T's are great in the snow. The city lets the snow pack on the roads until a couple of inches of ice develops. Then they "scrape the roads" (sometimes weekly) using tractors and backhoes. But that's a whole nuther gripe that I won't get started on. Anyways we get lots o' ice here so I need tires with siping (spelling?).
Old 08-24-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Then why not Goodyear Duratracs and get the best of both worlds? I love mine and have never read a bad word about them on the forum. Treadwear is the current unknown.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

hehe I'm already ahead of ya. The Goodyear website doesn't list duratec in a 35x12.50 r17. I checked those out cause I really like the look of the tread pattern. But I don't wanna drop to a lower size. Thanks though

Quick Reply: Advice with susp/tire upgrades please!