Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advice on OME 2" lift

Old 12-14-2008, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on OME 2" lift

On a 2 door with an after market stubby front bumper would you go for the heavy duty coils or just the regular ones? It would be mostly road driven and is not used for hauling.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

an aftermarket bumper alone won't be enough to cause that much of a sag. now, if you add a winch to that with steel rope, you may see as much as a .5"-.75" drop. if this is your plan, yeah, i would probably go with the HD coils. just know that with the HD coils and no additional weight, your jeep will sit closer to 3" of lift.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:54 AM
JK Newbie

mine has only now started to settle in after about 4000km with mopar front bumper and warn 9.5ti.Hd coils do ride harder at first but now seem perfect.if you go with them on your setup you should lose a lot of the factory rake and have a very nice sporty ride as said te comfort does come back.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have the ome 619 HD springs in the front of my JK with a bumper winch combo , it drooped about a half inch for a total , of about 2.5 to 2.75 in lift after settling. it still rides great , get the HD if you do winch , bumper
Old 12-15-2008, 06:02 AM
wgr
JK Enthusiast

If you are not going to install a winch, only aftermarket bumper...go with medium duty OME springs. If you are change your mind about winch someday later on then just swap your front springs to heavy duty and leave rear to medium.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the medium springs and added a 1" spacer up front...sits level with the ARB bumper. I didnt want to take a chance on the possible 3"-4" from the HD springs.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:12 PM
jpp
JK Enthusiast

I have the HD in the Front and MD in the rear for the 2 dr. (which are the exact same springs that bmcqueen has on his 4dr.). It actually looked fine with the stock bumper. Then I added the ARB bumper (No Winch Yet) and the stance has a slight rake to it now. I'm actually thinking of adding some spacers to level it back out. My vote is for the HD springs.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

OR, and i'm know i'm in the minority here, but let the front settle and accept the rake. The jeep was designed with the rake intentionally to improve aerodynamics and mpg. Obviously its not the ideal off-road stance but depending on what you really plan on doing, the rake isn't a bad thing. I had an 83 CJ-7 which had sagged quite a bit in front but actually got quite a bit of complements on how it looked.

Last edited by ibjeepr; 12-15-2008 at 04:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Advice on OME 2" lift