Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advice on modifying my current 4" lift to drive and handle better on-road

Old 06-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by ToledoDave
Also...get it aligned, mainly to recenter the steering wheel and dial front end in.
My cast and camber was off .5°-1° close enough for me. But between the trackbar and alignment...were happy again.
Or re-align your steering wheel yourself.

Set your toe-in yourself.

Can't set the caster unless you have adjustable control arms.

Can't set the camber as it's fixed.

DIY Alignment - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...ignment-22540/
Old 06-03-2016, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg

Or re-align your steering wheel yourself.

Set your toe-in yourself.

Can't set the caster unless you have adjustable control arms.

Can't set the camber as it's fixed.

DIY Alignment - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...ignment-22540/
Yes agree you can your self. Problem i had was if my toe in and or alignment was indeed off i was only adjusting steering wheel to a bad alignment. Therefore if i have it aligned and truck still pulls one way or the other i can blame the tires and know i have another issue. Was a simple piece of mind for $75.00. SAS sensor in the clockspring is pretty sensitive. The jeeps wont pass our electrical test if wheels are not straight to begin with as the SAS sensor will fail. The jeep can see as little as 4° turn if not lesser.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by ToledoDave
Yes agree you can your self. Problem i had was if my toe in and or alignment was indeed off i was only adjusting steering wheel to a bad alignment. Therefore if i have it aligned and truck still pulls one way or the other i can blame the tires and know i have another issue. Was a simple piece of mind for $75.00. SAS sensor in the clockspring is pretty sensitive. The jeeps wont pass our electrical test if wheels are not straight to begin with as the SAS sensor will fail. The jeep can see as little as 4° turn if not lesser.
yeah... it's much less complicated than that.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg

yeah... it's much less complicated than that.
I would like to think that. We test drive at the factory on steering straight ahead test on a 4° incline to verifiy the relationship between wheel angle and steering angle. Clockspring knows where the steeringwheel is.

Quick Reply: Advice on modifying my current 4" lift to drive and handle better on-road