Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advice on Grill Guard...

Old 05-06-2016, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on Grill Guard...

Aries Automotive Grill Guard ... does anyone have one of these? I really like the way it looks but was wondering if it was worth the money. Any feedback is appreciated!! Thanks!
Old 05-06-2016, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one on my old TJ. I liked it and it stood up well.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ToplessGirl
Aries Automotive Grill Guard ... does anyone have one of these? I really like the way it looks but was wondering if it was worth the money. Any feedback is appreciated!! Thanks!
I ran one for 4 years on my 08 and now it's on my sons Jeep for another 4 years. Standing up well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1440651144.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	451.7 KB
ID:	646395  
Old 05-07-2016, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Personally I do not like the way they look, I think those grill guards look better on trucks. BUT, if you're in it strictly for protection of the grill or lights, it'll get the job done.
Old 05-08-2016, 02:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't mind the guard. I personally just hate the look of the cheap ass plastic OEM bumpers. I would get a metal E-Auto bumper over running the Toys r Us play school plastic crap.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nacarislife88
Personally I do not like the way they look, I think those grill guards look better on trucks. BUT, if you're in it strictly for protection of the grill or lights, it'll get the job done.
Why is anyone worried about protecting a plastic grill?? Spend your money on something else man.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Why is anyone worried about protecting a plastic grill?? Spend your money on something else man.
That grille guard is stout enough to bounce a deer off. It's more about protecting what's behind the grille. Mine took a front end collision and survived. When I put a new bumper on I gave it to my son who still has it. Each to his own.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2096960786.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	304.4 KB
ID:	646432  
Old 05-08-2016, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How much is that Grill guard though? I bet its around $250 or more at that point you might as well buy a stinger bumper and Hit all the Deer you want.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I agree. I took the stock bumper off immediately when i got my jeep.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ToplessGirl
It is surprisingly stout, I had one for a few years (old photos below) and had no rust issues, I sold it used in decent condition. The plastic vertical rail covers keep the metal finish from scratching if you bump/hit something. You gotta decide if your keeping the stock bumper or not, if you are then it's a decent addition.

There's a number of old threads here with many photos, this grille guard has been around since 2008, search the forum for both "Ares grille guard" and "JCW grille guard" ; JCW sold it exclusively before Ares put their name on it.

Quick Reply: Advice on Grill Guard...