Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Advice on adding JKU Rubi shocks and springs to my 2DR Sport

Old 07-21-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on adding JKU Rubi shocks and springs to my 2DR Sport

Ok, question for you tech experts out there!

I have a teraflex leveling kit (2 inch puck lift in the front, 1 inch in the rear) and I was looking to get more lift by adding stock JKU Rubi shocks and springs on my 2door Sport. I think people have said it gives you 1.5 inches or so of extra lift?

My question is: having these Rubi parts AND my levelling kit - will I have to get a new track bar, add brake line extensions, all that jazz?? And if so, what should I count on adding?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-21-2011, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump. Anyone?
Old 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM
JK Jedi Master
Veteran: Air ForceFJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

There are a lot of variables on how a given mod will affect a given Jeep. For example, I installed a 2.5" TF coil lift, but I have at least 1.5" of sag on my rear because of other mod's. What you're asking is for folks to venture a guess as to exactly how your Jeep will be affected by a particular mod. But, that's all they can do: Venture a guess. The best thing to do is install the configuration you want and see what you get. You may find that you need bump stops, shocks, brake line extensions, different spacers to level the Jeep (my problem), trackbar (highly dependent on how much you'll accept the tracking being off), etc. Instead of asking what your Jeep will need, maybe ask what other folk's experience has been and see. You might also PM Interceptor_1972: I helped him to install a similar configuration on his wife's two door a few months back, so ask what he's ended up doing to keep her happy.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
There are a lot of variables on how a given mod will affect a given Jeep. For example, I installed a 2.5" TF coil lift, but I have at least 1.5" of sag on my rear because of other mod's. What you're asking is for folks to venture a guess as to exactly how your Jeep will be affected by a particular mod. But, that's all they can do: Venture a guess. The best thing to do is install the configuration you want and see what you get. You may find that you need bump stops, shocks, brake line extensions, different spacers to level the Jeep (my problem), trackbar (highly dependent on how much you'll accept the tracking being off), etc. Instead of asking what your Jeep will need, maybe ask what other folk's experience has been and see. You might also PM Interceptor_1972: I helped him to install a similar configuration on his wife's two door a few months back, so ask what he's ended up doing to keep her happy.
Ok I'll rephrase...

Anyone running (or have ran with) a puck lift and JKU Rubi springs & shocks on a 2dr Sport? How much lift did you get and did you have to do anything to compensate for it?
Old 07-22-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

If you look under Stock JK Tech , their is a Thread: Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question, it has all your answer's as well as Pic's.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Shadow's_Jeep
If you look under Stock JK Tech , their is a Thread: Lets Solve the Stock Springs Question, it has all your answer's as well as Pic's.
Thanks a bunch

Quick Reply: Advice on adding JKU Rubi shocks and springs to my 2DR Sport