Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjusted RE Track bar now sways..???

Old 11-22-2019, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adjusted RE Track bar now sways..???

I got the heavy duty forged Rubicon Express Track Bar and adjusted it to get my axle lined up correctly. Jeep is a 2007 Unlimited Sahara with the Rough Country Budget Boost.

Also has the Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer, which I adjusted to spec as well. And, I adjusted the drag link to correct my steering wheel. Unfortunately The steering wheel is still a little off. Not far, but about an eighth of a turn left.

when I adjusted the track bar, it extended quite a bit.

Now my EPS light is on and the traction control light as well. I have to press the button twice every time I drive to turn the traction control light off.

Since I adjusted everything, the body sways a lot going down the road. Almost like there are no sway bars and no track bar connected.

any suggestions?

*** I recently dropped the pressure down in my tires, after having extreme death wobble as well. I have another post about that. When I rotated the front tires, dropped the pressure down and adjusted the track bar a little (this was last week, and I only adjusted it a little, axle was still not center) the wobble went away.

I do not have death wobble now, just a very noticeable sway and feels really unsafe at higher speeds.

Old 11-22-2019, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 11-22-2019, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Installing a new track bar would not cause what you are talking about. I would double check everything to make sure torrid to spec.
How much lift do you have?
What shape are your tires in?
Post up some photos of your front end.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:53 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I can't tell much from the front photo, too far out and dark. Your tires look like they have some bad uneven wear. Did you do anything to the rear track bar like a raised bracket or new adjustable?
Old 11-22-2019, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

It’s the rough country budget boost. So, I am pretty sure it’s around 2”. 33x12.50r18. Atturo Trail Blade tires. They are cupping and worn down in the front. However,,, the Jeep never swayed like this before. It has to be something with the adjustments I made.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I didn’t touch the rear end at all. And the tires are pretty bad. But they haven’t caused what I am experiencing before adjusting. I just don’t get the sway and the lights coming on.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Check your speed sensor wires. Did you torque the new track bar at ride height? It's hard to tell from the photos but the front axle does not look centered to me.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

I torqued the track bar down with the frame jacked, wheels off the ground, when I got the axle centered. I measured the tires from the outside to the shock post to get the axle right.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

If you tighten down the track bar bushings without the weight of the jeep on the suspension you can put them in a bind and this can cause ride issues. This applies to any link with that style of joint.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

That’s interesting. And good to know. The only bolts I tightened with it jacked were the clamps on the turn buckles for the drag link and track bar. Not the bushings. Hope that helps explain.

Quick Reply: Adjusted RE Track bar now sways..???