Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjustable track bar w/ drag link flip

Old 12-30-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable track bar w/ drag link flip

Do you need both or will just one suffice? I have an adjustable track bar but no drag link flip. The drag link and track bar are parallel to each other but not parallel to the axle. I have about 4 inches of lift.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would recomend a drag link flip kit for a 4" lift. The adj track bar centeres your front axle. The dlfk helps with the geometry and steering
Old 12-30-2013, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At 4" a draglink flip will help handling and steering however, you also need to raise the lower Trackbar mount in order to keep the draglink and Trackbar parallel to each other.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

^Yep, what he said. Do you have a dropped frame side bracket or drop pitman arm with your set up? If so you can leave it but a drag link flip is a better way to go and will put less pressure on the sector shaft. It will also help with handling both on and off road
Old 12-31-2013, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Synergy Bracket

Flipped my drag link when I put new knuckles on... Figured I would do the relocation bracket myself. Almost didn't get home. Bumps, bridges, dips... I felt it all. Even had traction control come on once. Thought there was something wrong with the work that was done. Called Currie and they told me to put the relocation bracket on immediately... even says it in the instructions (long gone, since had the Currie for year+). I immediately ordered a synergy track bar relocation bracket. Sure enough... that was it. Man... they aren't kidding about the geometry! I have a JKS adjustable... but it wasn't a axle centering issue, it was that I need to move the track bar off the axle and quite a bit. FYI. I have a 4" lift too.

The synergy is an excellent bracket. It's got a slim profile, which was critical since my Reid knuckles moved the tie rod up. Everything is super close (tightly packed) now. And I attached my Fox ATS to another hole in the Synergy bracket and it sits right on top of the raised tie rod... nothing scrapes/hits.

Hope this helps. For me, that bracket was a must-have before I even drove the Jeep home.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schlieko
Flipped my drag link when I put new knuckles on... Figured I would do the relocation bracket myself. Almost didn't get home. Bumps, bridges, dips... I felt it all. Even had traction control come on once. Thought there was something wrong with the work that was done. Called Currie and they told me to put the relocation bracket on immediately... even says it in the instructions (long gone, since had the Currie for year+). I immediately ordered a synergy track bar relocation bracket. Sure enough... that was it. Man... they aren't kidding about the geometry! I have a JKS adjustable... but it wasn't a axle centering issue, it was that I need to move the track bar off the axle and quite a bit. FYI. I have a 4" lift too.

The synergy is an excellent bracket. It's got a slim profile, which was critical since my Reid knuckles moved the tie rod up. Everything is super close (tightly packed) now. And I attached my Fox ATS to another hole in the Synergy bracket and it sits right on top of the raised tie rod... nothing scrapes/hits.

Hope this helps. For me, that bracket was a must-have before I even drove the Jeep home.
Thanks for the info. My main complaint about my steering is the play in the wheel. I can move the steering wheel 3 to 4 inches and experience no turning. I'm hoping the flip would help that abd make it a little less flighty on the fwy.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not a drop pitman arm? I know if you do 4"or more, the pitman arm is suggested.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Why not a drop pitman arm? I know if you do 4"or more, the pitman arm is suggested.
I've heard the drop Pittman arm is a bad idea. Am I wrong?
Old 12-31-2013, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

The drop pitman arm is a bandaid over a gunshot.....bad idea. It puts undue stress on the sector shaft. Properly setup steering geometry in the front is a MUCH better way to go.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karls
The drop pitman arm is a bandaid over a gunshot.....bad idea. It puts undue stress on the sector shaft. Properly setup steering geometry in the front is a MUCH better way to go.
good to know. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Adjustable track bar w/ drag link flip