Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjustable spring mount??

Old 08-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ-JK
Thanks David. I was looking at those parts of yours. I am trying to find a solution without having to limit the down travel. I would think locking the coils into place would only allow as much droop as the spring is when fully extended. Also, can you explain why putting in rear adj bump stops inside the springs (like the Rock Krawler part) could bend the rear axle housing?

Thanks... and sorry for the thread hijack!

By moving the bump stop to inside the coil spring you are increasing the leverage on the housing. The distance from the axle flange to the bump stop is aprox. 10", by moving the bump stop to inside the coil you will increase the distance by aprox. 8" for a total distance of 18" between axle flange and bump stop.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David @ Currie Ent.
By moving the bump stop to inside the coil spring you are increasing the leverage on the housing. The distance from the axle flange to the bump stop is aprox. 10", by moving the bump stop to inside the coil you will increase the distance by aprox. 8" for a total distance of 18" between axle flange and bump stop.
Hmm, great point. So the fulcrum is further away and would put more energy and leverage at the end of the axle. I hadnt thought of that. Maybe I will leave the stock bump stop plus the TF lower that I added and put in a "dummy" bump stop or shaft that would strictly steer the coil. As long as it was shorter and didnt function as a bump stop, I should be able to steer clear of this worry. Thanks for your help, though...

Quick Reply: Adjustable spring mount??