Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjustable Shocks...pro comp

Old 09-26-2009, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable Shocks...pro comp

Getting ready to do a lift and a guy at my local jeep store said I should put on procomp adjustable shocks in the rear since I pull a pop-up tent trailer. I'm only doing a 2.5" lift, but he said it will ride better when I adjust them when pulling the trailer. Any thoughts on this?
Old 09-26-2009, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's good to know, hadn't seen that anywhere.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had them installed for a little over a year now and love them, couldn't be happier...they have performed admirably, and the little composite adjuster piece is still intact on all 4...I would find it very difficult to see how it could break off, it's pretty stout...I will say that they can be a little difficult to adjust with that little knob, but you can get a little key tool from them that will help out, or I just use a pair of pliers
Old 09-26-2009, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

I've got them and am happy with them. I originally wasn't going to get adjustables but they kinda fell in my lap. If your towing it does make sense. Also the comments on the plastic knobs...i thought the rancho adjustables were breaking off not the procomps, but i could be wrong I'll have to check. An yea the knobs can be hard to turn but I just use pliers too.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Shocks...pro comp