Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjustable LCA for Caster Adjustment

Old 04-23-2021, 10:11 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by mphilleo
I did take it for an extensive test the other day and found that in the opposite lane (of an empty road) it pulled to the left. I think it's just getting manipulated by the crown in the road. I was just hoping to take some of that "edge" off.
Maybe spend a little time experimenting with the Toe? I have not had a need to mess with it much myself, but a few previous posters have indicated that their steering issues were corrected by going slightly more Toe-Out than the factory spec. (I also have not seen any follow-up reports posted that talked about any longer-tern effects, like the possibility of increased tire wear...)

At least it's something free to look at before dropping money on more Caster corrections. Corrections that you have no idea whether they will actually fix your issue.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

Dirtman is correct but when you do what he stated you also alter the camber while correcting for caster as you rotate the offset around in the BJ mounting hole. So you correct for one and create another issue but it is a small affect IMO. Like he said though 0.25* caster difference is minor. Also get the alignment shop to measure the x-distance from LF --> RR and RF --> LR to check the distances from center to center. Results might surprise you. This is called chassis blueprinting like what is done to extreme performance engines making all measurements/clearances equal and to spec. One of the easiest things to do is have the Jeep on a perfectly level surface (concrete parking lot or similar) then disconnect one side sway bar link at front and rear bars. If there is a difference in height when disconnected then get an adjustable link and make it so it slips on with no prying up or down.

Last edited by Sixty4x4; 04-23-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Adjustable LCA for Caster Adjustment