Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjustable front trackbar - Teraflex vs Rock Krawler designs

Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable front trackbar - Teraflex vs Rock Krawler designs

Hello guys,

I am currently trying to decide on the lift for my new 2013 JKUR. Don’t want anything wild – just to avoid too much belly rubbing the ground:-) Also want to adhere to the stock ride as this is my DD and I do a lot of high speed driving too.

Anyway, since I kinda wanted to do it right the first time, I put aside the Teraflex Budget-Boost kit option and assembled “my own“ kit from the Teraflex catalogue. So my first choice was this:

TERAFLEX JK 2.5“ Coil Lift kit

- 2.5" JK Lift Kit w/Shocks (4 dr) 768.99 USD
TeraFlex 2.5" coil lift

- JK Wrangler Front Lower FlexArms 347.99 USD
TeraFlex front lower arms

- JK Monster Front Forged Adjustabe Trackbar 255.99 USD
TeraFlex adjustable trackbar

- JK Wrangler 1/2" Rear Guide & Spacer-Pair 77.99 USD
JK Wrangler 1/2" Rear Guide & Spacer-Pair

- JK Exhaust Spacer Kit for 2012 Driver and Passenger 49.99 USD
TeraFlex exhaust spacer

+ Synergy Front Brake line relocation brackets 29.99 USD
Synergy Suspension 8083 - Synergy Suspension Front Brake Line Relocation Brackets for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Some time later I was strongly suggested to check out the Rock Krawler 2.5” Max Travel kit for 1349 USD

JK 2.5 Max Travel System

But the kit does not include dampers, nor exhaust spacers or 1310 CV driveshaft and I also do not have so much information from the actual install as I found for the TF kit…

So apart from some doubts how to configure it correctly for me, I noticed the difference in design of the Teraflex vs Rock Krawler front adjustable track bar. And that’s the point I would like some input from you. Which of these designs is better?

I have seen the video of TF install and it seems very straightforward and I also like the way this bar is adjusted. What I don’t like is that the TF bar is 3x heavier than the original design (since it’s a unsprung mass at the front axle, adding weight is not something you would want to do). I don’t know the weight of the RK bar, but it seems much more subtle. On the other hand, it looks like it might be a bit harder to set up right. So anybody out there to shed some light on the difference of these two?
Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Do yourself a big favor and send bustabizz a message. He is Bryan at 4wd.com. not only will he explain all your options but steer you in the right direction. Plus a discount on your parts.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for concidering RK for your build!

On our new website you will find alot of good information on how to choose shocks, bumps etc. for your given build! This makes it very nice so as your needs change or your builds change, you will know what to do in order to make everything compliant.

As for our front track bar, it is made from 1.5" solid alloy steel with machined ends. It uses a custom long shank 7/8 FK heim at the axle and our own adjustable flex joint at the frame connection with PTMEG bushings and DOM sleeve. It is very strong and simple to get right! You really should not be adjusting your track bar alot.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your build!

RK
Old 01-23-2013, 06:33 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a big reason as to why TeraFlex made these trackbars so beefy over stock. They need to be that way! TeraFlex trackbars are 230% stronger than a stock trackbar. The stock trackbars are weak and will flex on you. That can lead up to death wobble!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrlhfooc-Xc
Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blue project
Do yourself a big favor and send bustabizz a message. He is Bryan at 4wd.com. not only will he explain all your options but steer you in the right direction. Plus a discount on your parts.
x2

Bryan will hook you up. Prices better then what you posted too however shipping to Brussels might be a bit.

I went with the TF 2.5 coil, TF LCA's and JKS adjustable trackbar. Rides better then stock, very happy.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:39 PM
JK Junkie

I have the TF bar and love it. The only issue I had is the bolts on the pinch sleeve stripped.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the TF 2.5 coil kit and love it. You should not have to buy brake line extensions, they should be in the kit. I got the RK adjustable track bar. Its easy to install and adjust. You don't need the exhaust spacer especially in a JKU. I would save that money for when you need the front driveshaft replaced. I have a 2013 JKR and have no driveshaft rubbing and dint have a spacer.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Forgot to mention I have 3/4" spring spacers up front for bumper/winch weight. Hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

If you get a chance, check out our 2.5" Flex System! That might be what you are looking for!

RK
Old 01-31-2013, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex

There's a big reason as to why TeraFlex made these trackbars so beefy over stock. They need to be that way! TeraFlex trackbars are 230% stronger than a stock trackbar. The stock trackbars are weak and will flex on you. That can lead up to death wobble!

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrlhfooc-Xc
This is what happened to my stock track bar and it's why I was recommended to get the teraflex one. I love it and just by laying it next to the stock one I was in love. It has served me very well it's been on my jeep for 2 years now

Quick Reply: Adjustable front trackbar - Teraflex vs Rock Krawler designs