Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjustable front track Bar or Bracket ? + Drag Link

Old 01-09-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable front track Bar or Bracket ? + Drag Link

At first I was planning to replace my front stock trackBar for the Teraflex monster HD adjustable trackbar....So didn't plan to use bracket with stock trackbar.
But Which setup is best, use the teraflex adjustable trackbar and also a damper bracket and keeps stock drag link .......OR buy the complete flip kit bracket from Synergy including also new draglink....? I don't plan to go higher than 4-4.5" lift.
If the stock trackbar is solid enough why not keeping it and go with synergy kit,...so what do you thing about the stock front trackbar..?

Kit found from Synergy is this one : SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Steering :: Synergy Jeep JK Front Steering Correction Kit

I do know to much information about drag link, is it a must to upgrade drag link with 4" lift ? OR I could keep stock one without nightmare..!

Thanks !
Old 01-09-2014, 11:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

What are your plans with the lift? Are you installing springs from another source? I have an adjustable track bar AND the bracket to connect it. Most manufacturers sell them as a set. If your trying to piece meal your set up I would buy both. The drag link is completely different than the track bar. If you opt to go with the Synergy above you will have purchase the track bar separate. The stock one will work for a year or so but ultimately it will wear. Another cheap investment is a 9/16 shoulder bolt for the new track bar. The factory bolt will create lines or ridges inside your bushings and create premature ware and or death wobble.

Last edited by GIJK; 01-09-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GIJK
What are your plans with the lift? .
I have presently 3" lift and I'll add soon 1" coils spacer.
Presently still stock setup for draglink and front trackbar, but with addition of coils spacer, I would like to upgrade at least the trackbar,....that's the driver of my question.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most I know sale the trackbar and bracket together for the rear. If your going to raise your front trackbar then you want to do a draglink flip at the same time and vise versa. If you go adjustable trackbar then don't worry bout a bracket. The reason they make the draglink flip kits is to keep your trackbar and draglink parallel to correct geometry. But if you go that route then you want at least 3" Bumpstops in the front to keep the draglink from making contact with your frame. Most of the better manufacturers don't recommend moving one without the other.

So if you go adjustable then stick with it. If you do the flip kit then just keep your stock trackbar as long as the bushings are still good and sleeve not wallowed out. Could also put in a grade 8 bolt kit to have the right size bolts in.

The main purpose of an adjustable trackbar is to recenter your axle. The flip kit does that with the raised trackbar bracket so your stock bar works fine. You can use an adjustable bar with the kit if you like but I have read where people have issues with them and the kit. Mainly the teraflex one I've read about.

Purpose of the flip kit is to fix bump steer which is typical in lifting rigs more than bout 3". Some say 3.5 but most recommend with a 3" lift or more. I know synergy does and so does EVO.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Flipped or not

I did a flip on the drag link and planned to do the trackbar relocation a few days later. Big mistake. Barely got home on the freeway. As soon as I flipped the drag link, the geometry was off with the JKS trackbar in stock position. I bought the Synergy bracket that raised the trackbar and it's back in parallel with the drag link.

Synergy was real easy to install and seems rock solid. Some new knuckles raised my tie rod, so it's a tight fit up there. But like that Synergy had a hole for my steering stabilizer and it's on top now.

I am real happy with the draglink flip and trackbar relocation. There was one problem though. Synergy says non-Synergy trackbars may not fit their bracket. They weren't kidding! I had to purchase a caliper press (truck version) and use it to separate the bracket enough to get the JKS trackbar in there. Nice and snug now...
Old 01-09-2014, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

thanks a lot guys from your explanation !! So I think I'll keep my first plan and upgrade front track bar for adjustable on, so in this case no real need to touch to drag link since track bar and drag link would stay parrallel. And I'll use steering damper bracket to move my damper over the tie rod for protection.

Also for rear side, I'll trade my actual relocation bracket place on frame for one siting on axle....This brackt hit my shock when flexing :/
I'll use a the TeraFlex trackbar relocation : | TeraFlex Suspensions

good Idea ?!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karlos
thanks a lot guys from your explanation !! So I think I'll keep my first plan and upgrade front track bar for adjustable on, so in this case no real need to touch to drag link since track bar and drag link would stay parrallel. And I'll use steering damper bracket to move my damper over the tie rod for protection. Also for rear side, I'll trade my actual relocation bracket place on frame for one siting on axle....This brackt hit my shock when flexing :/ I'll use a the TeraFlex trackbar relocation : | TeraFlex Suspensions good Idea ?!
I use the teraflex axle side bracket for rear and live it. IMO it's the best bolt on one you can get. I've had no issues. I know a lot of people that use it.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

so Could we says, that If we use a bracket to raise the front track bar you also need to flip drag link, it's a must, to keep TB and DL in parallel. Right ?
Old 01-09-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by karlos
so Could we says, that If we use a bracket to raise the front track bar you also need to flip drag link, it's a must, to keep TB and DL in parallel. Right ?
Right. Typically you want to do it at the same time and both of them. Not just one or the other.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Right. Typically you want to do it at the same time and both of them. Not just one or the other.

ok, another precision please...!

What are the benefits or advantages to use front TB bracket + flip drag link instead of only use a adjustable TB ?

Just trying to see where's the need of using TB bracket + DL flip instead of only use a TB adjustable... and result are the same... Is it because at more than a certain lenght of lift even if we use an adjustable TB we aren't able to bring back both piece in parallel ?

Quick Reply: Adjustable front track Bar or Bracket ? + Drag Link