Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjustable front track bar

Old 11-27-2019, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, thanks for the info. At least I'm understanding how this all works together. Yes , everything seems to be a compromise . But since I'm 80% road and 20% trail , I suppose its the best decision. When I do have an extreme angle on the trail I would expect that I may notice the body representing that extreme angle more so than I did before. Maybe can't take off- camber trails as steep as before?
Old 11-27-2019, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
If you have factory ball joints, it's a good thing to check those occasionally as well as they are the 2nd most common issue on the D30/44 axles once bigger tires are added. You can do a simple test with a shovel and a floor jack. Jack up one side so the tire is a few inches off the ground, put the shovel under the tire and step on the handle using leverage to create upward pressure. Look for movement where the knuckle meets the C. You shouldn't see much vertical movement.
Nice

Quick Reply: Adjustable front track bar