Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adjustable Front Lower Control Arm Question

Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adjustable Front Lower Control Arm Question

Im running RC front lower control arms that are at 23" in length. My rig pulls to the right a little so just wondering if that can be corrected by making one of the control arms longer than the other. Which arm should I make longer and how much? Will it mess up my pinion angle on my front driveshaft? Thanks
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
Im running RC front lower control arms that are at 23" in length. My rig pulls to the right a little so just wondering if that can be corrected by making one of the control arms longer than the other. Which arm should I make longer and how much? Will it mess up my pinion angle on my front driveshaft? Thanks
you are most likely experiencing radial pull and that is normal on a lot of big off road tires. i WOULD NOT recommend that you set your control arm longer. you have a solid front axle and even if you could add cross caster to your axle, it would be minimal at best and doing so would put a LOT of strain on your bushings and axle housing. doing this will lead to premature bushing failure or worse.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
you are most likely experiencing radial pull and that is normal on a lot of big off road tires. i WOULD NOT recommend that you set your control arm longer. you have a solid front axle and even if you could add cross caster to your axle, it would be minimal at best and doing so would put a LOT of strain on your bushings and axle housing. doing this will lead to premature bushing failure or worse.
Gotcha thanks. Only reason I thought of it was I remember reading somewhere that teraflex recommended that you set one control arm at 23" and the other at 23 1/8" to correct the pull to the right. Have you ever heard of that? As far as the radial pull would it still be the case if ive rotated my ttires several times since I had my jeep and it still being there (36k miles 7 rotations)
Old 10-28-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes my jeep was pulling right after installing AEV 3.5 lift... 35 inch toyos... aligned twice could not get pull out, could not get caster even close to factory specs as AEV advertises with their drop brackets... maybe the axle was bent or worped hell i dont know, tried everything to trouble shoot. Finally, added adjustable control arms (lower), as i felt there were no other options, and the right one is adjusted about an inch longer than the left one.. im guessing this may not be good ... but the pull is out and the jeep drives straight.. how harmful really is this?????. i do not wheel, pretty much all pavement with some offroad camping and exploring but not often.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Front Lower Control Arm Question