Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

adjustable control arms

Old 02-14-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjustable control arms

Is there anybody running these with a budget boost for when they upgrade, stronger control arms or for aftermarket driveshafts.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikesjk
Is there anybody running these with a budget boost for when they upgrade, stronger control arms or for aftermarket driveshafts.
I sort of did that on my tj. I pulled off the mega stiff superlift 4" springs and swapped in some 2005 Rubicon springs with 2" coil spacers but I left everything else on there and adjusted it for the 2". It rode and handled great.

I personally think it would be a good way to do things if you cannot afford to do it all in one swoop. Get everything ready for the size springs you want to run and then after you have everything else done, swap in the shocks and springs.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

This is the way I can do things to hide it from the wife.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Yes, there are many people running the upgrades you have mentioned
Old 02-14-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

I have adj. front lowers to get the caster correct and I was trying to get the death wobble to go away.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It makes sense. at 3" driveshaft mods arerecommended right? you are only 0.5" from that. That sure is close in size. I sure don't see what it would hurt. I think caster is needed at 2" and up personally. But that is just my opinion.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:44 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I have the RC 2.5" lift with 2.2 shocks. Steering was okay, but obviously more "flighty", so I installed the TF front LCAs to allow adjusting the caster. I don't believe on a LWB that the driveshafts are an issue at 2.5" of lift.

Quick Reply: adjustable control arms