Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

adj. trackbar question

Old 03-08-2007, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adj. trackbar question

I know that the superlift kit comes with a front adj. track bar. When you drop the front end and put in the larger coils do you just install the track bar as is or do you need to put everything back together and put the wheels and tires back on to get measurements or what. just curious
Old 03-08-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

This might help..

http://project-jk.com/index.php/?p=131
Old 03-08-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

i have already read that write-up but he already had the lift installed and had been driving the jeep for awhile. Im just wondering if to install the adj. trackbar do i need to install the springs and shocks and everything on the front of the jeep. then take a measurement to install my trackbar, or do i just put in the springs than install the track bar and dont have to worry about measuring anything.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

You need to install the entire kit first and then go back and do the measurements and instell the track bar after that...also a realignment would be a good thing to do as well.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Install the trackbar as you go then once you get everything all buttoned up you can take your measurments and then go back and remove the one bolt and make the adjustment and put it back on.

No matter which way you choose to do it you will most likely have to undo something and make adjustments.

Bryan
Old 03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by duneslider
No matter which way you choose to do it you will most likely have to undo something and make adjustments.

Bryan
Exactly - no matter how you do it, you will most likely need to take the adjusting end back off at least once to make a final adjustment. As I mentioned in my write-up, we had to lengthen our track bar by 3/8" to correct the shift caused by a 3" lift. Maybe that'll at least give you a starting point.

Quick Reply: adj. trackbar question