Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adj trackbar?

Old 08-04-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adj trackbar?

Ok I have a 3 inch coil lift and just put on 3/4 spacers today. I have a stock trackbar and a brand new jks trackbar sitting I. It drives great with no problem. I have to measure tomorrow to see if the axle is centered but if it is do I need to use it?
Old 08-04-2012, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I ordered my lift that is the only thing they strongly recommended I get.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jksearles
Ok I have a 3 inch coil lift and just put on 3/4 spacers today. I have a stock trackbar and a brand new jks trackbar sitting I. It drives great with no problem. I have to measure tomorrow to see if the axle is centered but if it is do I need to use it?
No you don't have to unless you like the added strength (beefiness) the JKS trackbar offers. When you only had the 3" coils was your axle still centered? Curious because when I had my 2.5" TF coil lift my front axle was definately off. I purchased the TF monster trackbar to recenter my axle....

Last edited by aldaman; 08-05-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea it was off at the very most 1/4 of an inch. In going to remeasure again today and see if it's off. Anyone know the best spots to accurately measure
Old 08-05-2012, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

There is a " how to" on project jk. This forum.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

K thanks. I found it. Ok so I'm sure this is a dumb question but what kinda damage can be done if the axle is out 3/8 to 1/2 inch. Just doesn't sound like that's that much so I'm just curious
Old 08-05-2012, 06:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

contrary to what some will suggest, you will not do any damage or effect the way your jeep handles driving on road with your axle off center. depending on your back spacing, you might find that you have some rubbing at a full turn on one side and, in the rear, you might have issues with your sidewalls making contact with the sway bar link but, both can be corrected with proper back spacing. off road, the shift can cause rubbing issues as your axle articulates. if you do have the means to recenter your axle, i would but, it's far from being something you absolutely need to do.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
contrary to what some will suggest, you will not do any damage or effect the way your jeep handles driving on road with your axle off center. depending on your back spacing, you might find that you have some rubbing at a full turn on one side and, in the rear, you might have issues with your sidewalls making contact with the sway bar link but, both can be corrected with proper back spacing. off road, the shift can cause rubbing issues as your axle articulates. if you do have the means to recenter your axle, i would but, it's far from being something you absolutely need to do.
Love good information like this!!!

Quick Reply: Adj trackbar?