Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

additional parts for this lift

Old 07-07-2014, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default additional parts for this lift

so i think ive narrowed down my choice for lift to the AEV kit AEV JK DualSport XT Suspension - 2.5 inch - 4 Door - Complete Kits - Suspension
i think i would need geometry brackets for this kit as well to correct the caster is there any other parts I should grab along with this? or suggestions for additions or a better more complete kit for the price?
its going on a 2010 jk sahara 4dr 6spd
Old 07-09-2014, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have this lift with the geo correction brackets. It is pretty complete but I plan on adding an adjustable front track bar. That is the only thing this is missing.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I really hated the brake line drop brackets and sway bar link brackets. I ended up switching to longer stainless steel braided brake lines as well as longer front sway bar links. But it's not "needed", just what I preferred to do.

Last edited by PsychoCupcake; 07-09-2014 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

I have this exact setup. Aev 2.5 with geo brackets. So far I love the ride on and off road. I will say that aev really cheaped out on not having longer sway bar links in the kit. If u want to have upper and lower c gussets u will have to cut the gussets to fit. I opted to add JKS extended quick sway bar links and remove the brackets so I could weld c gussets. I have also heard that for the 2.5 lift the geo brackets are worthless and u can correct castor enough without them. Plus the drop your lower control arms into harms way. I know one day I will eventually bash my lower control arms. Other than that it's a pretty awesome kit for the price (although the kit really ran me $1100 with the JKS links.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PsychoCupcake
Personally I really hated the brake line drop brackets and sway bar link brackets. I ended up switching to longer stainless steel braided brake lines as well as longer front sway bar links. But it's not "needed", just what I preferred to do.
Im waiting for them to develop coil spring drop brackets. "Why by real coils? Bolt up a coil drop bracket today! And why you're at it, don't buy adjustable control arms, buy our drop brackets. And since you've gone this far, forget those longer end links. Just get our new end link drop brackets as well!"
Old 07-12-2014, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have this kit installed on my 2-door, with the geo brackets. After about a week, I noticed the front axle wasn't exactly center. I then bought a TeraFlex adjustable track bar and brought it back to center. So a track bar is what I would recommend.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this lift on my 2013 JKU . I did the geometry correction brackets . I also did the TeraFlex front sway bar links , and the TeraFlex adjustable monster track bar . If I had to do it over I would use the JKS track bar and brace kit . The TeraFlex track bar is excellent , and I was able to center the front axle under the Jeep . I used the AEV ProCal to help center the steering wheel while on the alignment rack . The Jeep rides and handles very nice , better than stock .

Quick Reply: additional parts for this lift