Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adding Rubi Axle, how to wire the lockers?

Old 05-07-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool!

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I did the front Rubi 44 swap in my X. I bought the $75 harness from local Jeep dealer. Cut one of the plugs off, installed it to a toggle switch on the dash with a inline fuse. Sold the rear plug to a coworker and kept the rest. Been working great for 38,000 miles.
Well that's the way I will do it then....but I will need to use the back one also for the rear locker...
Thanks Joe!
Old 05-07-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JdTms11
is there any way to just get the connectors, rather than having to pay $70 bux for something im going to hack up. i just got a rubi 44 under mine and need to wire her up as well but i dont want to pay that much just to cut the plugs off.
I went to the junk yard and cut about 10 connectors, 2 pin connectors (about $5) from various makes and models. The sensor connector is standard but the locker connector is a bugger to find. I got lucky and one of the connector did mate to the locker power connector but I had to modify it some. It's been working for 20k miles.

Quick Reply: Adding Rubi Axle, how to wire the lockers?