Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adding Hitch

Old 03-04-2007, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics redWrangler, good set up. Are you in NY? Saw a NYC sticker on your bike...still kinda cold for riding here for me!

I will report back in a few weeks if my rack fits with the hitch I buy....with pics if does work!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NYRacBaller
Thanks for the pics redWrangler, good set up. Are you in NY? Saw a NYC sticker on your bike...still kinda cold for riding here for me!

I will report back in a few weeks if my rack fits with the hitch I buy....with pics if does work!
Thanks. I'm in NY. I went riding this morning, wasn't that cold. Little ice on the trails. 20 degrees is my limit.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
I purchased the mopar hitch and part number 82210213 for the harness (instead of the $79 7 pin harness). It was $40. It is a 4 pin and hooks to the receiver. Looks and works well. Does not require the dealer to do anything. I will try to upload some pictures tomorrow.

Joe
Did you get your 4-pin installed yet? The info I saw on my local dealers site(bbjeep.com) said you "must use dealer scan tool to activate" for both the 7-pin and 4-pin.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DebnJohn
Did you get your 4-pin installed yet? The info I saw on my local dealers site(bbjeep.com) said you "must use dealer scan tool to activate" for both the 7-pin and 4-pin.
Dealer doesn't need to do anything.. all they do in add a note in the program stating that you intend on towing with your jeep.. There for its on record..
Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
Dealer doesn't need to do anything.. all they do in add a note in the program stating that you intend on towing with your jeep.. There for its on record..
Thanx for uncovering the scam!
I smell lawyers...

Quick Reply: Adding Hitch