Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Addind 37" tires, what did you do to your rig to fit them...

Old 08-24-2014, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Addind 37" tires, what did you do to your rig to fit them...

Aight folks,

I bought my 37" tires for my ride and they will be here Monday. This is my current set up on my '12 JK 2 door. 3.5 metal cloak, bushwhacker flats, added rear adjustable end links, and cut back the rear pinch seems and rock rails. Am I forgetting anything important?

'12 JK, 3.5 metal cloak, Miami Hurricane stuck in Baltimore....
Old 08-24-2014, 09:15 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should be able to fit them just fine. Just think about beefing up your front axle and possibly re-gearing if you haven't done that already.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats your wheel backspacing like? you may rub your control arms during turns, I've been dealing with that for the last 2 years haha. Also, don't wait to trim your pinch seams, I did because it was usually just me in the vehicle. But over big bumps etc its such a nasty sound when it hits. Its not going to puncture the tire our anything but, its the worst sound ever.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 37" Km2’s and I think they're just undersized enough that I didn't have too trim much - just the rubi rail. (Pinch seam is already trimmed on a '14). I'm running 2" bump stops, 3.5" back spacing, and I only rub on my rear stock bumper.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

i have a 3 1/2 inch rustys with a 2 inch budget on top. factory rubicon wheels with 37*12.50s. no rubbing anywhere except full turn lock and in a twist on the front arms. trim the factory slider as well. not sure what it is about this set up but it rides better than my other 4 doors have with a 35 and just the 3 1/2 lift.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unscrew your steering stops and add however many washers u need to keep it from hitting. It doesn't hurt turning.radius to much either. No more rubble on the control.arms.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As stated before. Wheel BS could be an issue but u have plenty of lift. I run 3.5" RK X FACTOR w/ trimmed fenders and 3" bump stops and don't have any rubbing issues (JKUR) currently running trail grapplers and previously ran GY MTRK's.

Quick Reply: Addind 37" tires, what did you do to your rig to fit them...