Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

added geometry correction brackets, nothing

Old 08-08-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 years like this...WOW...good luck bro!
Old 08-08-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

What size tires? How much pressure do run in them?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Newbie

Get an ALIGNMENT.... seriously ... I drove my Jeep like this for quite some time. Two things helped..... I went to smaller wheels/larger tires and reduced the weight (don't know what this actually changed but it made quite a difference). The other was the alignment. I took it to a standard "tire shop" and after the alignment it was night and day.

Start there... maybe even a place that does a "lifetime" alignment so that if you make any more equipment changes, you can get it redone.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

If its the same as mine, I'm almost getting the feeling of hydro planing. That feeling of losing steering for a sec while the Jeep wanders a little. Also getting vibrations over 50. I have the RC 3.5, 1.25 BL, 1.5 spacers. Stock X wheels with 35 inch BFG km2 at 32 psi.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had this same problem once before on my TJ. Find the load vs inflation chart for you tire. Find a scale and have Jeep weighed then divide by 4. You may be way over inflated. The easy way to see if this is remotely the issue is to drop pressure to 20 psi and take a short drive. If it is improved then try 25 psi. If pressure helps and you can't find the chart the old chalk trick can be used if the is still new.

Quick Reply: added geometry correction brackets, nothing