Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

added geometry correction brackets, nothing

Old 08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default added geometry correction brackets, nothing

Ive had my RE 3.5 inch (baisic) lift for about two years. It has handled poorly ever since. First i was told by 4 wheel parts that a SS would help but that didnt do much. Then I asked on the forum what i needed to do and people said start with lcas. Unfortunately i went the cheap route and got the AEV geometry correction brackets (moves the mounting location of front upper and lower control arms down a bit). This also has not helped. I have bump steer, and my jeep wanders in my lane. I can hardly look away from the road long enough to change to a different radio preset. I am constantly making adjustments to stay im my lane. there is a lot of play in my steering wheel. So should i toss the brackets and try lcas or should the brackets have fixed my castor issues. What should be my next step? (my lift was installed by 4wd). Thanks
Old 08-07-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

With that size lift, most have an axle side draglink flip kit to stop bump steer and align the draglink parallel to the front track bar where the draglink attaches to the top of the steering knuckle instead of below to compensate for the lift. The drop brackets improve anti dive for braking and overall control on streets by keeping arms more flat to the ground like stock. They are okay to keep on but your issues are the steering.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Whats your caster?
Old 08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
Whats your caster?
Wish i knew. Ill research to find out how to measure it and get back to you
Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
With that size lift, most have an axle side draglink flip kit to stop bump steer and align the draglink parallel to the front track bar where the draglink attaches to the top of the steering knuckle instead of below to compensate for the lift. The drop brackets improve anti dive for braking and overall control on streets by keeping arms more flat to the ground like stock. They are okay to keep on but your issues are the steering.
Would you recommend this to fix my steering issues?

EVO: Suspension/Steering, EVO MFG JK Draglink Flip Kit
Old 08-07-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't over think this and start tossing money again , you said you had this issue since you got the lift so something somewhere was not done right

I don't know how far you are and willing to drive but get some help from some jeepers to go trough your rig and check some things out

I am in the temecula area if you want to come by and we can go trough to see what's your issue cold be , I have those brackets on a 4" lift and it drives great

Off the top of my head the first thing I would try is loosing and re torque your controll arms with the jeep on the ground and work your way out
Old 08-07-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Don't over think this and start tossing money again , you said you had this issue since you got the lift so something somewhere was not done right

I don't know how far you are and willing to drive but get some help from some jeepers to go trough your rig and check some things out

I am in the temecula area if you want to come by and we can go trough to see what's your issue cold be , I have those brackets on a 4" lift and it drives great

Off the top of my head the first thing I would try is loosing and re torque your controll arms with the jeep on the ground and work your way out
I appreciate the offer, and I would like some help from a fellow jeeper, but ill have to pass. That is a bit too far of a drive. Thanks though. I will try working on those control arms though

By the way 4 wheel parts installed my lift. Im hoping that they installed it properly. Im not much of a mechanic.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adicus8
I appreciate the offer, and I would like some help from a fellow jeeper, but ill have to pass. That is a bit too far of a drive. Thanks though. I will try working on those control arms though

By the way 4 wheel parts installed my lift. Im hoping that they installed it properly. Im not much of a mechanic.
Oh and the AEV bracket has two holes , I don't know if you got stock arms or not but you could try the other hole on the bracket to see if that changes because the holes are for different lifts and castor

Sorry about the help I was thinking of a place near ocean side not Fresno

Last edited by jaker t5; 08-07-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Kinda of a simple question but have your alignment been brought into check? Also, 4 wheel parts put a rancho SS part # rs5407 and a rep a a show from Rancho looked at it and said it was the wrong SS, Chris was his name I think. Anyway he sent me the RS 5418 free of charge! Rancho rocks to me from here on out! Never seen such customer service
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by adicus8
Wish i knew. Ill research to find out how to measure it and get back to you
Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Basic Do-it-Yourself Jeep JK Wrangler Front End Alignment

read the article setting your caster.

Caster being off will cause the steering issues you are having. Its a simple fix with lower adjustable control arms

Quick Reply: added geometry correction brackets, nothing