Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adaptive cruise control?

Old 06-24-2014, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive cruise control?

The upgrade I want most for my '07 is adaptive cruise control. I've asked Professor Google many times, but it seems nobody offers an aftermarket solution for this -- though lots of companies make them OEM. Anyone ever heard of one?
Old 06-24-2014, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

If you want adaptive cruise control your going to need to trade the jeep in for bmw! Chrysler is years behind in tech especially when it comes to the wrangler.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blue project
If you want adaptive cruise control your going to need to trade the jeep in for bmw! Chrysler is years behind in tech especially when it comes to the wrangler.
Well the Wrangler / SWB Jeep has traditionally been an austere vehicle with spartan features. Each generation has enjoyed a ten-year run with minor updates throughout the production run. The JK (particularly the JKU) welcomed new customers to the Jeep family that are accustomed to the ride and standard features available in SUVs, luxury vehicles, and well-equipped sedans. The JK originally provided features that shocked me during its introduction (power locks, power windows, navigation, etc.) but Chrysler further responded to customer requests by providing additional features during the 2011 refresh.

Adaptive cruise control is currently available in some Chrysler vehicles. I predict that the next generation of the Wrangler will have that feature since it will be easier to incorporate the front and rear sensors with the complete re-design, and it wull complement other new features and luxuries planned for the next generation. Plus it's just a matter of time until adaptive cruise becomes a mandatory safety feature like TPMS.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by txjeeplover
Well the Wrangler / SWB Jeep has traditionally been an austere vehicle with spartan features. Each generation has enjoyed a ten-year run with minor updates throughout the production run. The JK (particularly the JKU) welcomed new customers to the Jeep family that are accustomed to the ride and standard features available in SUVs, luxury vehicles, and well-equipped sedans. The JK originally provided features that shocked me during its introduction (power locks, power windows, navigation, etc.) but Chrysler further responded to customer requests by providing additional features during the 2011 refresh. Adaptive cruise control is currently available in some Chrysler vehicles. I predict that the next generation of the Wrangler will have that feature since it will be easier to incorporate the front and rear sensors with the complete re-design, and it wull complement other new features and luxuries planned for the next generation. Plus it's just a matter of time until adaptive cruise becomes a mandatory safety feature like TPMS.
Adaptive cruise control is not a safety feature. Nor is it EVER gonna be government mandated. I can see it now..." Your Honor, I wasn't speeding....the cars in from of me were speeding and my Jeep was trying to maintain there speeds for "safety"". Lol

Back up cameras and some form of cell phone integration will likely be next.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Horrible feature for people too lazy to pay attention. Not understating why anyone would use it, let alone in a jeep where the constant down shift and hard acceleration would occur during speed up situations????
Old 06-24-2014, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Collyn
Adaptive cruise control is not a safety feature. Nor is it EVER gonna be government mandated.
The NTSB has already recognized the value of adaptive cruise control, and embraced the idea along with other collision avoidance features. So it's not a matter of if, but when.
Transportation Safety - NTSB - National Transportation Safety Board

Some view tire pressure monitoring as a luxury convenience, but it's actually a mandatory safety feature for all 2008 and later vehicles sold in the U.S. Even electronic stability control is now a mandatory safety feature on some vehicles.

Quick Reply: Adaptive cruise control?