Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adams driveshafts

Old 07-18-2015, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adams driveshafts

Ok, so the very first time I went wheeling and disconnected, I tore the boot in the middle of the front driveshaft. I know I can get by driving it like this for a little while, but I want to go ahead and be a little proactive and order a new aftermarket ds. I have done a little online research and I think I am going to get the Adams 1310 with greasable Spicer u-joints. My question is, does anyone have any feedback on Adams ds? Are they good? Should I spend
$100 more and get Tom Woods and why?
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

I have an Adams 1310 with the solid front U Joint. Absolutely no complaints. I have a few friends who have the same that wheel a lot harder than me with no problems either. If you call them, they may even knock a few $$ off even....
Old 07-18-2015, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Billbikes
I have an Adams 1310 with the solid front U Joint. Absolutely no complaints. I have a few friends who have the same that wheel a lot harder than me with no problems either. If you call them, they may even knock a few $$ off even....
Thanks for the info, especially the part about "they may even knock a few $$$ off"
Old 07-18-2015, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by McHogfan
Thanks for the info, especially the part about "they may even knock a few $$$ off"
in my opinion I would go with the Adams DS package with from and rear. Close to $800, while comparatively Tom Woods is about $200 more. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-18-2015, 09:19 AM
JK Newbie

I'm running Adams on mine the quality is great. I would highly recommend his driveshaft to anyone looking to upgrade
Old 07-18-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 951Rubi
in my opinion I would go with the Adams DS package with from and rear. Close to $800, while comparatively Tom Woods is about $200 more. I could be wrong though.

I would love to buy both, but right now my funds won't allow it. Just came off of vacation and dropped a ton of dough. lol
Old 07-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor

We put these on just about every vehicle we build. We have not had any issues with them at all. One customer got hung up on his rear DS and as we dragged him off the rock it pulled the seal off at the slip joint. A quick phone call to Adam's and a new seal was sent out. They have very good customer service and the quality of the part matches. PM us if you would like pricing.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont go with the greasable U-joints. They have a hollow vein through the whole joint that makes them inherently weaker.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by D_engel
Dont go with the greasable U-joints. They have a hollow vein through the whole joint that makes them inherently weaker.
X2. I run the solid also. No problems. Almost maintentance free which is nice in my book.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1380249443.png
Views:	313
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	618298

Yup

Quick Reply: Adams driveshafts