Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Adams 1350 Question

Old 10-17-2021, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Adams 1350 Question

All,

Thanks for the time. Have had my baby for 12 years now and finally started to put in some love and TLC. She is still young at only 112K as when I was driving I didnt have too far to go....now that Ive been WFH for 1.5 years I've used the time to break up the work day in the shop. In February 2021, during Texas' Snowpocolypse, I lost my 4WD for the second time in her lifetime due to the CV boot wearing out and then ice/age destroyed it and finally decided to replace with an aftermarket.....so I went with Adams 1350 front and rear driveshafts(https://www.adamsdriveshaftoffroad.c...solid-u-joint/) and now that I have a shop I do it all of course ....including the cussing during installs. So I started do this path when I removed it in March and then was going to immediately install while pops was there at the house with me but ran into some struggles with the dust shields on the front side of the transfer case not fitting. I contacted Adams because I couldn't take the stock dust cover and slide it over....it was about .03 smaller ID than the the OD of the machined flange(shown int he pics below). I sent pics to Adams but they said it was no longer needed for the forged fitting....even though I was showing the machined fittings. I didn't think that was the case but couldn't find one around and didn't have a press available to me and then didnt have the time to work it. Now they have an updated video series that shows them using the dust shields but not if they pressed them or bought another aftermarket etc...

Shows the silver dust shield

On during install on front side of T-Case.

Did any of you install the same kit? What did you do with those dust shields? If you modified the stock, how did you do about that? Is there an online retailer that sells oversized sheilds?

Thanks for your time!
Kenny

Quick Reply: Adams 1350 Question