Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Actual lift heights???

Old 05-01-2013, 04:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Synergy makes coil sizes to tailor to your needs.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

With the minimal amount of lift you're getting, a new track bar or relocation bracket is not needed. The axle will only be off by about 3/8" at max and will usually never be noticed. I would keep stock shocks if you're lifting it under 1.5". If you end up over 2" then new shocks or at least extensions are recommended. If you go with longer shocks or extensions don't forget to drop your brake lines and extend your bump stops.

Last edited by Tripletsi; 05-01-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or, new brilliant idea.

Cut flares, look higher (or buy flats). If any new tires don't fit add 1" body lift and you retain warranty, stock soft suspension, plenty of space for meats while still having decent flex.

LCOG!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I quess you are right about this (although I dont really want to mess with BL).

Originally Posted by Quentin_T
Or, new brilliant idea.

Cut flares, look higher (or buy flats). If any new tires don't fit add 1" body lift and you retain warranty, stock soft suspension, plenty of space for meats while still having decent flex.

LCOG!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I tried to go the BB lifts route and found out that even this is not going to be easy. For example Rubicon Express 2" BB lift actually is 2.5" F / 1.75" R. According to them its an average of 2" hence the name (honestly, i quess they should work on their math a bit more, but ok).

Point is, that even with the BB you dont really know, what you are getting. Hence the question, can anybody comment on the actual heights of the BB kits on the market?

I quess the TF BB is 2.5" F&R, right?

What about AEV 2" lift? Is it 2" F / 1" R?

What about TF leveling kit? 2" F, but how much R?

Also a related question: since which height do you need shock extensions? AEV adds them with 2", TF only after 2.5" (aka they dont include them in their leveling kit, but they are in the budget boost)...?!?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

I didn't notice what style Jeep you are driving now, but depending on what springs you have stock, you could gain about 2" by swapping out to higher numbered stock springs. Most folks that go from 14 fronts and 55 rears to 18 fronts and 59 rears get right at 2" of lift. And it's really cheap to boot. You see Unlimited Rubi take offs for sale all over.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got the JKUR hence I need to take a different route, than those who run a JKS...

Originally Posted by darkhelmet
I didn't notice what style Jeep you are driving now, but depending on what springs you have stock, you could gain about 2" by swapping out to higher numbered stock springs. Most folks that go from 14 fronts and 55 rears to 18 fronts and 59 rears get right at 2" of lift. And it's really cheap to boot. You see Unlimited Rubi take offs for sale all over.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Buy coil springs with thee appropriate load carrying rates. OME light coils are the best option to keep close to 2-2.25 if running stock bumpers. JKS are rated slightly higher (140lb/ft), but lighter than thee OME heavys(160lb/ft) which are lighter than most all other linear coil springs
Old 05-14-2013, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Took some time to put together an overview of actual heights of major spacer lifts currently on the market. Maybe it will help someone just as it did me.

P.S. Should anybody have any comments/corrections, let me know...

Quick Reply: Actual lift heights???