Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ace slant back tire carrier

Old 06-21-2014, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace slant back tire carrier

Hy can't I find reviews on this at all? And aside from that I can't find a single picture of a 2dr jk running that carrier. I didn't wanna be the guinea pig but I guess it's gonna happen. Thinking about ordering the trektop nx and slantback piece in a week or two. If anyone has pic inputs for that on a 2dr jk let me know
Old 06-21-2014, 04:57 PM
JK Junkie

Let us know...

I have the Ace rear tire carrier and I really like the slant tire setup , I just have to decide if I like it enough to also go out and buy a new soft top

I wonder how that setup changes your window view, or the lack of a view, I already have with MTR K 37/12.5/17's covering the majority of my rear window

Matthew
Old 06-21-2014, 10:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't imagine it would work well. I have the trektop nx on my 2 door and the slant is nowhere near enough for that tire carrier. The 4 door roll bars allow it to get much more of a slant than the 2 door
Old 06-22-2014, 02:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It says right on their web page it is for 2 door or 4 door.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Ya I know it is compatible with the 2dr jk and trektop nx but I just can't find a single person or picture of it on a 2 door I'm most likely gonna order both the soft top and the fastback piece at the end of this week. I actually have the ace rear bumper / tire carrier getting shipped to my place early in the week lol so I'm throwing a few changes on my rig
Old 06-22-2014, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by countrydude1992
I wouldn't imagine it would work well. I have the trektop nx on my 2 door and the slant is nowhere near enough for that tire carrier. The 4 door roll bars allow it to get much more of a slant than the 2 door
The biggest point holding me back is physically picking up Goodyear MTR K 37/12.5/17 mounted on a steel rim!

Matthew
Old 06-22-2014, 04:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hub0619
Ya I know it is compatible with the 2dr jk and trektop nx but I just can't find a single person or picture of it on a 2 door I'm most likely gonna order both the soft top and the fastback piece at the end of this week. I actually have the ace rear bumper / tire carrier getting shipped to my place early in the week lol so I'm throwing a few changes on my rig
You won't be disappointed I live my Ace rear bumper/tire carrier and went on to get the front bumper

Matthew
Old 06-25-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Nobody? Payday is coming around and I have some desicions to make :/ lol
Old 06-25-2014, 02:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hub0619
Nobody? Payday is coming around and I have some desicions to make :/ lol
Which one are you leaning towards, or which two are you comparing?

Matthew
Old 06-26-2014, 06:00 AM
JK Newbie

I'm just trying to decide wether or not I want to invest in this bolt on piece for the tire carrier to turn it into a fastback carrier which looks awesome but probably isn't that functional or if I wanna keep that money and get my snorkel now or next paycheck because I need one of those after learning how easy it is to hit water wrong and hydrolock. Learned that lesson the hard way :/

Quick Reply: Ace slant back tire carrier