Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ace rock sliders

Old 03-27-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace rock sliders

I'm installing my new 4 dr ace rock sliders tomorrow. I thought I read somewhere that the mounting bolts should be torqued to 80 psi after the install. I can't find the thread though. Can anyone who has installed the ace's confirm or correct that number? Thanks.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should be torqued to 80 ft-lbs after installation. And do not forget to grind the washers. I recommend applying zinc-rich primer over the washers as well to prevent rusting. You can find it at just about any auto parts store.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
They should be torqued to 80 ft-lbs after installation. And do not forget to grind the washers. I recommend applying zinc-rich primer over the washers as well to prevent rusting. You can find it at just about any auto parts store.
Thanks Hook-Em.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed mine today. I don't have a torque wrench and likely over torqued them. What are the possible long term issues?
Old 03-29-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jim hensley
I just installed mine today. I don't have a torque wrench and likely over torqued them. What are the possible long term issues?
Worst case would be a bolt breaking off inside an engine mount. Most likely nothing will happen, but to be on the safe side, you might consider loosening them and retorquing them with a borrowed wrench. You can get loaner tools from AutoZone and other auto parts stores.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mjr11
Thanks Hook-Em.
No problem. Glad to help a brother out.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I may be drunk... Okay I am but there is some hilarious things in this thread. Namely the 80 psi rock sliders as well as the consequences of the over torqued ace rock sliders breaking off a bolt in the engine mount. That is so awesome to me right now. I knew ace have a reputation for being beefy but wow 80 psi of torque? Into the engine mount? That is beef. Forgive me for being rediculous right now but this is hilarious.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
I may be drunk... Okay I am but there is some hilarious things in this thread. Namely the 80 psi rock sliders as well as the consequences of the over torqued ace rock sliders breaking off a bolt in the engine mount. That is so awesome to me right now. I knew ace have a reputation for being beefy but wow 80 psi of torque? Into the engine mount? That is beef. Forgive me for being rediculous right now but this is hilarious.
Yes! Let the games begin!!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:27 PM
JK Freak

I have Ace. They don't go into engine mount. Body mount. Yes.

After coming down hard on the passenger side I have to over torque them or it tattles at idle and under 5 mph due to the sound vibrations harmonics etc.

Even up to 105 safely. Will see how long I can keep doing that.

Quick Reply: Ace rock sliders