Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ace engineering wide fender flares experience?

Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered my Ace wide flares on Feb 2, and they finally shipped June 7! They got to my house yesterday but I'm out of town so I cant wait to install them next week! Hope it was worth the wait.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hbar97
Ordered my Ace wide flares on Feb 2, and they finally shipped June 7! They got to my house yesterday but I'm out of town so I cant wait to install them next week! Hope it was worth the wait.
Congratulations!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my set. So the powder coat seems to be pretty good. I've heard mixed reviews. It took about 8 weeks for me.

So one question I have is how did you guys do the edges that go against the sheet metal? Did you buy some rubber material with a sticky side or put it right on the Jeep metal to metal?
There is a little bit of a gap near the edge. How does this look when the flares are on the Jeep?

Here is a pic (PS: that is a cut out for the stock flare 90 degree elbo brace...not a warped metal edge. The picture makes it look distorted)

I added another picture because it looks worse in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20130803_182013_resized.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	484956   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130803_182441_resized.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	484957  

Last edited by demtek9; 08-03-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by demtek9
I just got my set. So the powder coat seems to be pretty good. I've heard mixed reviews. It took about 8 weeks for me.

So one question I have is how did you guys do the edges that go against the sheet metal? Did you buy some rubber material with a sticky side or put it right on the Jeep metal to metal?
There is a little bit of a gap near the edge. How does this look when the flares are on the Jeep?

Here is a pic (PS: that is a cut out for the stock flare 90 degree elbo brace...not a warped metal edge. The picture makes it look distorted)

I added another picture because it looks worse in the pic.
So far I installed the flares and this little gap almost can't be seen with the flares on. They look good, but I'm having issues fitting the rear driver's side. I'm going to get a buddy to help me out today.
I like the wide flares with my 35's.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just to help everybody out we have the narrow and the wide fender flares from ACE in stock ready to ship.

David
Old 09-07-2013, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demtek9

So far I installed the flares and this little gap almost can't be seen with the flares on. They look good, but I'm having issues fitting the rear driver's side. I'm going to get a buddy to help me out today.
I like the wide flares with my 35's.
Did you get fitment issues resolved? Mine show uo the week. Thanks. Pics?

Quick Reply: Ace engineering wide fender flares experience?