Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ace engineering wide fender flares experience?

Old 06-01-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CT2
Or could be they only have 1 coater in their area....and the companys having problems keeping up with demand.

Question for you...your a small business owner and are speaking from experience on how to run a business or ? Plus ya might want to proof rear your post first
dude, get serious here... 1 powder coater in the area? taking 4+ months to get a set of fenders made and shipped out to customers? are you serious? why are they even in business? it's not like they're make a rocket ship here... they're making a steel fender that attaches to a jeep.
My parents run a small business but they TELL customers very realistic time period when they'll get their product if it's a custom order. When you tell your customers it'll be ready next week and it obviously will not, you are LYING just to get them not to cancel the order.
I would love to support local/small/ made in america business but that doesn't mean im going to wait forever to get whatever i paid for. If YOU want to do that, go ahead, i'll spend my hard earned money somewhere else.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CT2
Or could be they only have 1 coater in their area....and the companys having problems keeping up with demand.

Question for you...your a small business owner and are speaking from experience on how to run a business or ? Plus ya might want to proof rear your post first
proof REAR my post first? dude, im typing this on a phone. ain't nobody got time for that
Old 06-01-2013, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Ok...decided to go ahead and put one front on to see how it looked. While they're no where near a good looking as the narrow fenders, they aren't as bad as I'd thought they'd be. I'm going to keep them for now and see how they hold up. I Had to cover up a few spots where the very thin powder coating was already chipping off. I had to do the same on the rear bumper and tire carrier. Is that pretty normal to receive parts with the coat chipping?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKevin
Ok...decided to go ahead and put one front on to see how it looked. While they're no where near a good looking as the narrow fenders, they aren't as bad as I'd thought they'd be. I'm going to keep them for now and see how they hold up. I Had to cover up a few spots where the very thin powder coating was already chipping off. I had to do the same on the rear bumper and tire carrier. Is that pretty normal to receive parts with the coat chipping?
I think they look bad ass with 35" tires or bigger but sorry to hear about powder coating. That shouldn't be the case . I considered switching to unpainted flares and was quoted $225 to have powder coated by a guy locally that has a great rep for his work. In the end- just decided to cancel order and order elsewhere. Post some pics when your done!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Ok...spent some time Sat and Sun and both front flares are installed. The install was fairly simple and probably took me about 2 hrs each including makes the modifications to retain the inner fender and coating most of the hardware with high temp silicone. The finished product is very strong and took my 190 lbs sit test easily. The appearance is definitely growing on me. Now onto the rears which will hopefully go faster. Obviously, what's missing here is 2 - 3 inch lift and 37s.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1736675041.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	464466   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4109776454.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	464467   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3905173207.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	464470   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2753998609.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	464472  
Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok...spent some time Sat and Sun and both front flares are installed. The install was fairly simple and probably took me about 2 hrs each including makes the modifications to retain the inner fender and coating most of the hardware with high temp silicone. The finished product is very strong and took my 190 lbs sit test easily. The appearance is definitely growing on me. Now onto the rears which will hopefully go faster. Obviously, what's missing here is 2 - 3 inch lift and 37s.
Looks great! Glad you got yours! I think they look killer. I ended up ordering the psc aluminum ones at almost twice the price BUT I'll actually get them. Now you need to get a lift and some big tires!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered the narrow flares on December 30th, with powder coat. I received them around mid march. I ordered through Jason at krawl offroad. Was told 6-8 weeks. After that came and went I bugged the crap out of Jason and Adam. I knew I was being annoying, which made me feel like an a$$ because I normally ain't like that. I know they are relatively cheap for metal fenders... but not to an ol' poor boy like me.

Jason was great to work with, by the way. Adam was very friendly also. Every email I sent to Adam, was the same, they will be ready this week, just waiting on the powder coater. I learned not to get my hopes up. After I finally received them I realized I had two rear driver fenders. Contacted Adam and he corrected it immediately. He was also good enough to give me a discount on some rock sliders for the screw up. I had them on my front door in 3 days.

Now that I've had them for a little while I love them. The look is awesome. Great well built fenders. It's really sad Ace can't get production in order because they do make great products. That being said I would not order from them again just for the fact of the long wait times. Also the emails blaming the powder coater and saying they will ship this week when in reality having no intention to ship them any time soon, is not cool.

Here's a picture. Not the best but its the only one I have on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2527797973.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	464722  
Old 06-03-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

By the way, I guess I was lucky only waiting what i did. There is no way I'd wait half a year for them.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look good, but yeah...some meaty treads would set them off for sure.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 PM
JK Freak

Hmmm I have their sliders and love them, but honestly don't like the looks of their fenders. I am partial to the MetalCloak ones but will probably have to hit the lotto to afford them, lol.

Quick Reply: Ace engineering wide fender flares experience?