Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ace engineering wide fender flares experience?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hollywd32

I had 3 emails saying next week. Obviously didnt happen. I heard they have problems with powder coat provider. Im sure adam at ace is working hard so dont want to complain but the emails seem to be identical each time I ask. They even told jason and gabe at Rebel the same story.
I guess they like giving shitty service to customers if all they can do us to blame their "powder coater"lol. If their powder coater has their business by their balls, there's something seriously wrong how they do business. Hope everything works out for u, if thats either waiting or be smarter/pay little more and go with other brand.

Last edited by JHP81; 05-29-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JHP81

I guess they like giving shitty service to customers if all they can do us to blame their "powder coater"lol. If their powder coater has their business by their balls, there's something seriously wrong how they do business. Hope everything works out for u, if thats either waiting or be smarter/pay little more and go with other brand.
Lol. Leaning on another manufacture.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kind of knew that I'd be in for a wait on these, but I ordered my sliders with the same understanding. I think the cost benifit is my primary driver in my willingness to wait.
Time will tell if the product is worth the wait. PS: Stall tactics is SOP for any business that is having deleivery issues. Didn't you guys watch Tommy Boy?

I think you guys should cancel your order so I can move up in line
Old 05-29-2013, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demtek9
I kind of knew that I'd be in for a wait on these, but I ordered my sliders with the same understanding. I think the cost benifit is my primary driver in my willingness to wait.
Time will tell if the product is worth the wait. PS: Stall tactics is SOP for any business that is having deleivery issues. Didn't you guys watch Tommy Boy?

Lol. Well if it was a chineese company. Would of done it long time ago. Time wil tell I guess
Old 05-29-2013, 02:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate middleman whole sellers, fat cats that make money off you with lousy service, some of these guys will disappear when the new internet tax law is mandated.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:52 AM
CT2
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JHP81
Or could be they only have 1 coater in their area....and the companys having problems keeping up with demand.

Question for you...your a small business owner and are speaking from experience on how to run a business or ? Plus ya might want to proof rear your post first
Old 05-31-2013, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demtek9

Ok demtek9, your up to the plate. I canceled the order as again I was told another week or so. Ugh! Think ill splurge on the aluminum versions.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hollywd32
Ok demtek9, your up to the plate. I canceled the order as again I was told another week or so. Ugh! Think ill splurge on the aluminum versions.
Dang, that sucks man. Well my stock ones are working for now. Hope they cut the wait like the said, but based on the response you got it looks like I shouldn't hold my breath.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Well, I may have some good news for someone. I finally received my wide flares after waiting for 6 months (ordered Dec 31st). However, I'm 2nd guessing the purchase now and the wife does not like them at all. Just throwing it out there for now to see if anyone may be interested in them. I'll make my final decision in the next couple days as I need to get them out of my living room (either on the Jeep or in someone else's hands). If I decide to sell I'm only looking to recover the cost and will not ship. So if your near the Paoli, Pa area PM if interested.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKevin
Well, I may have some good news for someone. I finally received my wide flares after waiting for 6 months (ordered Dec 31st). However, I'm 2nd guessing the purchase now and the wife does not like them at all. Just throwing it out there for now to see if anyone may be interested in them. I'll make my final decision in the next couple days as I need to get them out of my living room (either on the Jeep or in someone else's hands). If I decide to sell I'm only looking to recover the cost and will not ship. So if your near the Paoli, Pa area PM if interested.

Wow! 6 months? Glad I cancelled. however I hope it works out for you and you like them and keep them.

Quick Reply: Ace engineering wide fender flares experience?