Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ace engineering wide fender flares experience?

Old 04-17-2013, 12:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ACE is well worth the wait I have there rock rails and I have beaten the shit out of them and I recently got the narrow fenders they took about 5 weeks to come in because I didn't have them powder coat them. Theses fender are REALLY nice and very strong. Good luck
Old 04-17-2013, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hollywd32

Crap I hope not that long! I just ordered the midwidth front bumper and the rear bumper with 6" led cut outs. Was told by several dealers 4-6 weeks. I like their quality but damn! Long wait . Hopefully they can improve manufacturing time a little. But its made in america so........ now I can scrap my rugged ridge front bumper.
Well today at 3 pm I get an email from jusrjeepgear stating my ace front bumper has shipped! Killer! Takes the sting out of waiting so long. 2 thumbs up for JJG.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well after talking with Adam at ACE today, I found out my fenders are shipping this week! Now to find cash for the rear bumper with rigid lights.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well it's now 5/23 and still no fenders. Emailed them again and now am told 2 mores weeks. It will be over two months. At this point I think I should of gone with something else. If not here by next Friday, I think I will cancel. Ugh. Trying to be patient but that's unreal.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered my wide flares like feb 2 and still havent gotten them. I hear they have a ton of sets made but they are having problems with their powdercoater.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hbar97
I ordered my wide flares like feb 2 and still havent gotten them. I hear they have a ton of sets made but they are having problems with their powdercoater.
Like I have said before don't get the power coating done with the ace fenders! It's a waste of $80 and the sole reason you are all waiting so long.
Their powdercoater sucks and does such a thin coat I had rust in 6 weeks on them!
Just bedline them yourself or get them gone locally.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using JK-Forum
Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered a set yesterday after getting tired of looking at my scratched up faded plastic fenders. Matt at Rebel Off Road called them and said 3 weeks no powdercoat and 4 weeks with.
The wait begins.
I have the rock rails and I like them with the rubi rails and they've taken some good hits. Rustoleum flat black and then the undercoat spary matches the powder coat pretty well. Doesn't matter too much, because they are dirty as soon as you step on them. I'm just looking to keep them black and keep the rust away.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by demtek9
I ordered a set yesterday after getting tired of looking at my scratched up faded plastic fenders. Matt at Rebel Off Road called them and said 3 weeks no powdercoat and 4 weeks with.
The wait begins.
I have the rock rails and I like them with the rubi rails and they've taken some good hits. Rustoleum flat black and then the undercoat spary matches the powder coat pretty well. Doesn't matter too much, because they are dirty as soon as you step on them. I'm just looking to keep them black and keep the rust away.
Yeah rebel is cool but ACE way under estimates lead time. Now over 2 months and still no flares. Tuesday is my cut off and then I'll cancel. Good fenders but not worth the wait. Have ace front bumper and was going to order a rear bumper but def dont want to wait tbis long again.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

This trend is what I really notice with jeep community. If things are not working out with the supply chain, why can't the company just let the customers know that I'll take 6+ months or whatever ridiculous time it'll take rather than lying about "quick" turnaround to get a quick buck? It's cool that jeep communities are supporting Made in America but damn, it feels like some of them are forcing buyers to buy overseas products that are quick to receive.
OP: what was ACE's excuse on why they didn't ship your product when they said they would? I would've cancelled it awhile ago and got something else instead of playing their game.

Last edited by JHP81; 05-29-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JHP81
This trend is what I really notice with jeep community. If things are not working out with the supply chain, why can't the company just let the customers know that I'll take 6+ months or whatever ridiculous time it'll take rather than lying about "quick" turnaround to get a quick buck? It's cool that jeep communities are supporting Made in America but damn, it feels like some of them are forcing buyers to buy overseas products that are quick to receive.
OP: what was ACE's excuse on why they didn't ship your product when they said they would? I would've cancelled it awhile ago and got something else instead of playing their game.
I had 3 emails saying next week. Obviously didnt happen. I heard they have problems with powder coat provider. Im sure adam at ace is working hard so dont want to complain but the emails seem to be identical each time I ask. They even told jason and gabe at Rebel the same story.

Quick Reply: Ace engineering wide fender flares experience?