Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on Rubicon w/Stock Rubi Rails

Old 06-04-2015, 10:23 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
Man that's crazy... They let you keep your rubi rails too! That's like the ultimate protection, double rock sliders are like a friggin double rainbow. Amazing that no one has ever posted that you could use both together. You're a true pioneer.
He's a newbie. Cut him some slack lol

BTW, for those who play in the rocks, take it from me you don't want to run this setup unless you want to crumple your quarter panels around the door hinges on a hard drop....

If you're going to run them, I would actually advise using the ACE rails without the Rubi rails. BTW, I just sold my ACE rails...

Last edited by DJ1; 06-04-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt2105
Would this cause an issue with anything by running both?
With body mounted sliders, you run the risk of them flexing into the body and causing damage. I have seen light damage to the pinch seam, and I have seen JKUs where the force bent the b-pillar to the point the door wouldn't shut. Does a Rubi rail help? Seems like it would, but I have no way to verify that. Are 100 Jeeps falling victim to this issue every weekend? No. The only way to avoid the issue is by using frame mounted sliders - either bolt on or weld on.

To be clear, this is not correlated to the price of sliders. One of the JKUs I saw with a bent B-pillar was running the $800 PSC brawler rockers. However, mounting to the body mounts is by far the weakest design. In fact, someone posted on here within the last few days who had body mounted sliders and they flexed up into the body and bent the pinch seam. And that was just on a typical trail ride.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm happy with the purchase and don't plan on throwing the whole weight of my jeep on a rock anytime soon.

This thread has more ratings/opinions on how they hold up. Dug this from a search. I'd say 8/10 people give these a thumbs up from user's who actually bought them and aren't doing professional rock crawling but wanted some decent protection. Again everyone wants to believe the investment they made is the best thing ever.

Previous Thread on performance:https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...liders-319415/
Old 06-04-2015, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
If you're going to run them, I would actually advise using the ACE rails without the Rubi rails.
Curious as to why you advise this. I've got both on now but would be willing to drop the Rubi rails if they do more harm than good. I'd keep the Ace rails as they double as a functional step.

To the OP DSPink, thanks for posting, sorry you got flamed... That will teach you to try to contribute...
Old 06-04-2015, 01:45 PM
JK Newbie

I bought mine last month from KOR and I had to grind the washers down to get them to fit so there must be some old stock out there still.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
He's a newbie. Cut him some slack lol

BTW, for those who play in the rocks, take it from me you don't want to run this setup unless you want to crumple your quarter panels around the door hinges on a hard drop....

If you're going to run them, I would actually advise using the ACE rails without the Rubi rails. BTW, I just sold my ACE rails...
What did you use or what do you recommend as a replacement? You going with welded on rails or??
Old 06-04-2015, 02:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I owned the ACE ones for over 2 years and came down hard on rocks in Moab and Rausch Creek.... They flexed for sure and only caused minor damage(dents) to my pinch seam. They did make a great step to get in or when putting up and down the top...... If you're not into rocks all the time(just occasionally) believe they are more then fine...... The guys I ran with in Moab were surprised how well they held up..... This spring I welded on the EVO sliders..... I do miss the step lol but play more and more in rocks so I thought I'd better change my set up. A couple pics of my ACE in Moab and a couple of my EVO's plus one of my well one of my silly pups lol
PS - I ran without rubi rails cause it's an X model now better then a rubi so I never had them to start ..... I thought of adding them but never did.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2443153630.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	606.2 KB
ID:	613636   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3453597785.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	638.8 KB
ID:	613637   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3909437249.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	651.5 KB
ID:	613638   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3272784136.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	613639   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-86038208.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	577.9 KB
ID:	613640  

Last edited by robsjeep9; 06-04-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, thanks for the update. It is good to know that the newer ones don't require grinding for the washers.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt2105
Would this cause an issue with anything by running both?
Other than weight not really....
Old 06-04-2015, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i had them before on my 2011 sport

they were kinda a obstruction to get in and out of my jeep , getting your leg out over them at times. They were returned due to poor powder coat . They were ok but over priced i think for bolt ons and they certainly should have made a washer that didnt require grinding at that price .
i just kept my stock rubicon rails on my rubicon with out any other rail for now anyway . Im not sure if id really add them again after hearing they can cause damage with the combo . Im glad you like them , And thanks for sharing the info on the forum . Every one has their opinion & you might end up very happy with this set up
Some times you have see if it works for you . Im not in big rocks so fpr me the reason was purely just added in case there was something i didnt see there. they claim to help with dents from shopping carts heres a pick when i had them on my sport . i never really knew if i liked them or not lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6708.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	613658   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6784.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	613659   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6823.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	613660  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 06-04-2015 at 06:50 PM.

Quick Reply: ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on Rubicon w/Stock Rubi Rails