Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on Rubicon w/Stock Rubi Rails

Old 06-04-2015, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on Rubicon w/Stock Rubi Rails

Just wanted to throw a quick bit of info out there for everyone. Purchased some ACE Engineering Rock Sliders from KrawlOffRoad.com they thew knocked a couple bucks off the price as well as FREE Shipping. Sliders arrived at house within 5 business days. Here's the BEST part! bolted right up with the Rubi Rails! YEP thats right, I hadn't seen this posted anywhere before, there is no longer any need to grind the washers down in order for the ACE Rock Sliders to bolt on. Look like instead of threading the washer through a hole in the tube, they re-engineered it to mount to a flat square. They still seem very firm and sturdy and allow me to keep the Rubi Rails. See pics below, I will try to crawl under the jeep later today and upload a shot of what the actual mounting point looks like now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ACERockSliders.jpg
Views:	2174
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	613585  
Old 06-04-2015, 06:53 AM
JK Junkie

Man that's crazy... They let you keep your rubi rails too! That's like the ultimate protection, double rock sliders are like a friggin double rainbow. Amazing that no one has ever posted that you could use both together. You're a true pioneer.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Post wasn't so much that you can use them both. Thanks for the sarcasm. Post was more for those considering purchasing these sliders as they are known for letting you keep the rubi rails, and some people prefer to have the pinch seem covered. This post was mainly for letting others know that you no longer need to grind or perform any fabrication and that these can bolt on in <30 mins. Way to welcome a new member though.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These sliders look pretty cool and the fact that they fit over the rubi rails makes them even cooler. So far I've only done a bit of heavy duning but I plan to crawl my rig as well and am wondering how strong these rails are compared to rails that bolt or (preferably) weld on to the frame. My rig has an ACE rear bumper and carrier on the way for it and these rails would match that, but would you recommend going with something with a little more of a solid mount?
Old 06-04-2015, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

These do bolt to the frame using the body mount bolts (about 6 in long screws). I'm ~250Lbs and pretty strong and jumped/pulled on them after getting the mounted and they were pretty sturdy. Haven't taken em out yet though. I'd check youtube and other sources on performance reviews. Here is a vid detailing installation, however again disregard the need to grind the washers as they mount/bolt on directly now no need to modify anything. And i'm sure you could always fabricate or find a way to weld these for permanent use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtONWqTm5Pg
Old 06-04-2015, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dspink14
Post wasn't so much that you can use them both. Thanks for the sarcasm. Post was more for those considering purchasing these sliders as they are known for letting you keep the rubi rails, and some people prefer to have the pinch seem covered. This post was mainly for letting others know that you no longer need to grind or perform any fabrication and that these can bolt on in <30 mins. Way to welcome a new member though.
No problem, do a search and you will come up with several hundred posts about guys using both. This isn't a new revelation

Last edited by JE8154; 06-04-2015 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're also known for flexing into the body and causing damage. Just an FYI. I think using them with Rubi rails is a must.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

JE8154- AGAIN. I understand its known both can be used. That's exactly why Rubicon owners may lean towards ACE.That's why I did at least, this is for those who want the ACE sliders but may be hesitant to grind/fabricate the washer that hold these on. ACE has re-designed the rails and this is no longer necessary. Its an update to the product and i'm letting people know. Old post clearly show they can be used together but don't hold the information about no longer needing to modify the washers in order to make it fit.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
They're also known for flexing into the body and causing damage. Just an FYI. I think using them with Rubi rails is a must.
Would this cause an issue with anything by running both?
Old 06-04-2015, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt2105
Would this cause an issue with anything by running both?
That's what I said...lol Having the weight of the rig pushing onto the stock rail is the same as having the weight of the rig pushing the ACE rails that in turn push into the stock rails. Having the weight of my rig on a pinch seam is not the way I wanna go. The rails look clean, just don't want to come back one day with body damage because the parts on my rig made it look cool.

Quick Reply: ACE Engineering Rock Sliders on Rubicon w/Stock Rubi Rails