Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Ace Engineering mid width bumper and 37"

Old 10-19-2013, 05:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Engineering mid width bumper and 37"

Hello

I'm fop in up to 37's from 33's and I don't know if there will be any issues with my relatively new Ace front bumper

I asked Ace but they don't know of anyone with 37's who did t go with the stubby bumpers

I had never thought I'd goto 37's but if had a gumball of a plan, add front and rear lockers, turn into an expensive bowling ball

I'm swapping out both axle assemblies and replacing them with Dynatrac's pro rock 44 and pro rock 60 with ARB's and regearing to 5:13

Will kind of suck if I have to swap out my mid width bumper to a stubby bumper because of tire clearance

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 10-19-2013, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think you would be ok... I rode with someone a few weeks back running 37 and a mid or full width bumper without any issue, but I guess it really depends on how far forward your control arms push the axle
Old 10-19-2013, 06:11 PM
JK Jedi

I had to take off my LOD front mid because my 37" were rubbing off road. I think it's hit or miss, depending on your suspension.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Junkie

I have the BDS 3" lift with the fox shock upgrade

My new axle assembly has different locations for some of the mounts, so I guess I'll have to wait till axle sets are installed to see

Hate waiting to see!

Matthew
Old 10-19-2013, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

dude a 3 inch lift and 37's? i think you might be in for a bit of a shock. I dont think they will clear that bumper. Did u already order the 37's? Why not just go with 35's?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Wr@ngler00
dude a 3 inch lift and 37's? i think you might be in for a bit of a shock. I dont think they will clear that bumper. Did u already order the 37's? Why not just go with 35's?
I haven't ordered the tires yet...

I was going to just do 35's but I have 33' now, plus I'm totally replacing both axle assemblies and drive shafts with some heavy duty stuff...

The the new Dynatrac axle housings and great axles, ARB's and 5:13 gearing I can easily turn 37's

It's a 2012 2 door manual 6 speed

I'm replacing everything after the transfer case in an effort to replace any weak links

I'd rather not jack it up too much more because I need a low center of gravity for the trails

If I have to I'll goto a Clayton 5" long arm and I'll swap out the mid width bumper and get an Ace stubby

My Jeep shop has done a bunch of JK 37" installs and we've planned this out over the last couple months

The front bumper is the only unknown...

Matthew
Old 10-20-2013, 06:12 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

If there's a clearance problem rather than replace,mod your mid width
Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by familytime
If there's a clearance problem rather than replace,mod your mid width
Yeah Archie and I have discussed that, on the mid width you can see the transition from where it would bs a stubby and then they tacked on small extensions

Matthew
Old 10-20-2013, 10:08 AM
JK Jedi

Did u already order the 37's? Why not just go with 35's?
No response needed to this question.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 3 inch lift, 37's with cut stock fenders. I run the Rough Country Hybrid Stubby Bumper with End Caps. Full Front articulation with wheels turned I was rubbing the end caps. Today, I just trimmed about an inch off the caps and problem should be solved. With a mid bumper, I would imagine you will rub. I do have adjustable control arms which pushed the front axle out a bit (close to stock location after lift). Before I had the control arms it barely touched the end caps.

Quick Reply: Ace Engineering mid width bumper and 37"