Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Access to body mounts behind grill

Old 09-04-2009, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Access to body mounts behind grill

I'm thinking of installing a 1" body lift, and I see on some instructions online that they remove the grill to install the new parts at the front end.

Is removing the grill the only way to get to these?
My aftermarket bumper/winch make this a PITA and I may have to pull the bumper to get the grill off. I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I know the grill removal is normally easy, I've done it several times before my other mods.
My winch has the electrical leads coming right off the back of it, so they are pinched and pushing right up against the lower part of the grill. I could probably disconnect the grill at the top and flex it forward a ways, but to get the bottom of the grill clear would require unbolting the bumper to pull it forward a few inches.
Sounds like I might just have to deal with it.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I will look...
I am out of town until Monday night so I will check it out then.

Quick Reply: Access to body mounts behind grill