Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ABS and traction light issues------ dealer says due to lift

Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS and traction light issues------ dealer says due to lift

So I'm at the dealership with the issue of my ABS light and traction lights that are stuck on.

The tech immediately says its due to the lift that the ABS wiring came loose and was pinched and is not covered under warranty.

My battle is that this could have happened to a sticker just as easily and I haven't done any flexing to extend the cables enough to snap out of their slots.

Advice from others? Is it possible to get longer abs lines? Couldn't they pop out of the slots on a stock jeep just as easily? The only thing I've done with the jeep so far is some snow/ slush/ mud sliding a few weeks ago all on flat ground.

What do you think?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Some lift kits cone with longer brake lines so they are out there. How big a lift do you have on?

Last edited by loader963; 01-19-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

What size lift? Its possible if you flexed to much to damage the ABS wire. Keep in mind the dealers are always looking to screw someone if they see something that isn't stock. I would tell them to pound sand and getvagressive with them and get a second opinion.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by loader963
Some lift kits cone with longer brake lines so they are out there. How big a lift do you have on?
It's the ABS line, not the brake line. I have extended braided brake lines so this one is to me... Thanks though.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by blue project
What size lift? Its possible if you flexed to much to damage the ABS wire. Keep in mind the dealers are always looking to screw someone if they see something that isn't stock. I would tell them to pound sand and getvagressive with them and get a second opinion.
So I left and of course with an argument. Basically the clips that hold on the ABS line weren't clipped in the line was damaged. His first words were "due to your mods", so right away I knew where he was headed and the argument began.

I'm about to lift it up in my garage and repair and reconnect the lines myself. It's a pretty simple job. My frustration was his immediate reaction to say its because of the lift and since it wasnt installed there, they wouldn't warranty any work. Which is fine, but the clips could have popped out in a stock jeep just as they did on mine. I wasn't flexing, just sliding around on snow.

Meh, looks like a day in the garage for me... Look at it now like this...a beer on a nice day working/ playing with my jeep!!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

Update--- I fixed the wiring harness and it wasnt bad at all. A little soldering and heat shrink and a beer or two and it was fixed with all lights and codes cleared.

I will give the dealership credit in the fact that they called me on Tuesday and said they would go ahead and repair the broken line.

Now I had already repaired it myself to avoid any argument and it was a fun little project but they did end up wanting to show they were a modded jeep friendly dealership and take care of their customers.

darcar jeep in Rockville md = good dealership
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MtraXX
Update--- I fixed the wiring harness and it wasnt bad at all. A little soldering and heat shrink and a beer or two and it was fixed with all lights and codes cleared.

I will give the dealership credit in the fact that they called me on Tuesday and said they would go ahead and repair the broken line.

Now I had already repaired it myself to avoid any argument and it was a fun little project but they did end up wanting to show they were a modded jeep friendly dealership and take care of their customers.

darcar jeep in Rockville md = good dealership
Sorry just saw this thread and was going to add that we had ours break after installing coil overs and getting some awesome flex. We extended them and tie wrapped them to the extended brake lines and haven't had problems. I wish someone sold the extended ABS lines like they do with the brake lines but it is easy enough to extend them yourself just more a PITA and time consuming.

Quick Reply: ABS and traction light issues------ dealer says due to lift