Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ABS, Trac Control lights stuck on

Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I jsut got a call from the dealership. They replaced the ABS module and light is still on. Turns out that it is a problem with the hydraulic system. Not even suure what they mean but they need to order another part. More days in the shop :(
keep me posted.. i am very interested in the results.. thanks
Old 09-07-2010, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Smile Abs esp bas

Mine lit up recently. I am running 37's on a 4 inch skyjacker lift with gussets on the dana 44. BAS kept locking up the right front brakes which mimics death wobble at highway speeds. Dealer here says its a steering column sensor that went out and my wheel sensors are okay. Part is ordered and even better, covered by warranty!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeep Hound
keep me posted.. i am very interested in the results.. thanks
OK, they told me yesterday that they were still waiting on the part...
I'm getting JK withdrawal
Old 09-11-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got it back after almost 2 weeks. They first replaced the ABS module which did not work. Then they replaced the ABS hydraulic Control Unit and now the lights are off and everything seems to be working well.

It pissed me off a little though because they spilled brake fluid in the engine compartment and it trickled down the the frame and shock on the left. I just hosed it out and wiped down the area. Luckily I was replacing shocks anyway with rubi shocks and I will be undercoating the frame. Still, its sloppy work.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Freak

Cool

I replaced my ball joints and while doing so had the battery disconnected and on a charger(my jeep had been sitting for 2 months and the battery was dead. Once everything was put back together and I conected the battery all lights where off and everything seems fine now
Old 09-30-2010, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default good luck

I've been having problems with my Jeep since I bought it a year and a month ago.

The electrical system is either a piece of sh*t on this thing..... I posted a thread a while ago explaining the problem and have brought my Jeep in about 5 times for this specific problem.

The first thing that happens is that the ESP/BAS lights and the Traction Assist icon come on accompanied with a chime (like the one when you need gas or when your seatbelt is off).

After that happens, every other light starts to come on and off sporadically and the tachometer jumps like a mexican jumping bean. The lights include: Red circular light above the water temp, the airbag light, a red lightning bolt icon light, a red oil can/genie bottle light, and some others that I can't remember.

The odometer area is also affected during this flurry of a seizure. It will put boxes around all of the letters as if I was in every gear (PRND) at the same time. The "HOT OIL" message flashes.

Also, on two separate occasions, the seizure resulted in the car applying the brakes for me as if it was protecting me from a skid-out. The only problem here is that I was going straight down the road @ 30 mph with my foot on the gas pedal when it happened.

-----------------------------------

The service performed included (in chronological order):

-Replacing the ignition cylinder

-Replacing the ABS computer

-Removing my aftermarket radio (they initially thought this was the problem, but apparently not) and replacing the factory radio.

-Replacing the "Module A"

(after the last 2 "repairs" the heat stopped working - blower was fine, but no heat came out)

-Replacing the clockspring in the steering column

-Replacing a switch that made my blinker stay on (this didn't happen ever when I drove the car, so I'm guessing they broke it during maintenance - they just listed this on a separate invoice stapled with the repair on the clockspring)

---------------------------------

Does anyone else have this problem? The car is stock and this is really a terrible car that I would never recommend to anyone ever. It's unbelievable that they can't fix this problem, but even more disturbing that the Jeep's electronics are equivalent to that of an Atari (at best).

I had posted a reply to another thread somewhere on jk-forum.... if I can find it, I'll edit this post and put a link to it - but it has pretty much all of the same info.

Bottom line: I loved my 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport - it ran like a beast. The trasmission was solid, the I6 had less horsepower but was more punchy and responsive, and the electronics didn't spaz out. This new 2009 JK Wrangler I just got last August looks great, but is one of the worst cars I have ever used in my life. I would never recommend the car to anyone as it needs to be taken in for service at least once a month on average.

IF ANYONE HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM AND FOUND A SOLUTION, PLEASE POST A REPLY!!!!!!!!! I'M TIRED OF CLEANING MY VOMIT OFF THE FLOOR EVERY WEEK FROM USING THIS CAR.

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I just dropped mine off tonight and they said they should be able to get to it tomorrow. Supposeably there is a brake recall for 2010s but he also said mine didnt come up as being involved in the recall. I think in the end it may end up being an ABS sensor.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

I don't believe so, but that's the first thing on my list that I have to give to them..... I think that's pathetic that I have to research it for them

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Have they looked at your speed sensors yet? I had the same exact issues with mine and I had a bad speed sensor.

Quick Reply: ABS, Trac Control lights stuck on