Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ABS, Trac Control lights stuck on

Old 08-25-2010, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS, Trac Control lights stuck on

From the start; I put in a fulltraction ultimate 4" lift + .75" spacers, i am running 35" tires.

i dialed in the lift myself, the measurments and alingment based on another article. all seems somewhat ok but not as good as it could have been. ( i figure a pro alignment will fix these issues with driving) that aside i centered my steering wheel with a pro cal programmer and it drives strait.

i took it offroad once and blew out my front axle.. replaced it with at RCV front axle and torqed everything to specs.. everything was fine.. untill....

One day i took a corner at a normal to low speed and the abs and trac control light came on. it now does not shut off.. maybe a broke a sensor? but it did not light up till after 1 week of driving..

anyone else experience this problem? solutions? ideas?

thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeep Hound
From the start; I put in a fulltraction ultimate 4" lift + .75" spacers, i am running 35" tires.

i dialed in the lift myself, the measurments and alingment based on another article. all seems somewhat ok but not as good as it could have been. ( i figure a pro alignment will fix these issues with driving) that aside i centered my steering wheel with a pro cal programmer and it drives strait.

i took it offroad once and blew out my front axle.. replaced it with at RCV front axle and torqed everything to specs.. everything was fine.. untill....

One day i took a corner at a normal to low speed and the abs and trac control light came on. it now does not shut off.. maybe a broke a sensor? but it did not light up till after 1 week of driving..

anyone else experience this problem? solutions? ideas?

thanks
Eddi come to the rescue hahhaha
Old 08-25-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your abs wires and connections. You may have fubar'd a connection when you changed axles and it decided to give way completely later. Also, something quick to do would be to unhook your battery for a few minutes the hook back up.See if the lights stay on. Have you tryed pulling the codes?
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...what-they-mean

Last edited by mkjeep; 08-25-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it also could be a wheel speed sensor. Sometimes those just go bad. When mine went, it was ESP and ABS and BAS and my ESP would not kick in so it was actually kinda dangerous. Little sensors can turn into big pains..
Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Check your abs wires and connections. You may have fubar'd a connection when you changed axles and it decided to give way completely later. Also, something quick to do would be to unhook your battery for a few minutes the hook back up.See if the lights stay on. Have you tryed pulling the codes?
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...what-they-mean
Yep did the battery thing already... and no codes show up at all
Old 08-25-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
it also could be a wheel speed sensor. Sometimes those just go bad. When mine went, it was ESP and ABS and BAS and my ESP would not kick in so it was actually kinda dangerous. Little sensors can turn into big pains..
yea i forgot to mention all those are lit up on my dash ...
Old 08-27-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This just happened to me this morning on my new jk. I only have 1100 miles and it is completely stock. I took a turn out of the driveway and the 3 lights are stuck on. Im at work but was planning on bringning it to the dealership later today or tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

The steering wheel center option on the pro cal is designed to be used on an alignment rack. You are better off using the eyeball method for aligning the wheel, unless you have access to a rack.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

I just dropped mine off tonight and they said they should be able to get to it tomorrow. Supposeably there is a brake recall for 2010s but he also said mine didnt come up as being involved in the recall. I think in the end it may end up being an ABS sensor.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
I just dropped mine off tonight and they said they should be able to get to it tomorrow. Supposeably there is a brake recall for 2010s but he also said mine didnt come up as being involved in the recall. I think in the end it may end up being an ABS sensor.
I jsut got a call from the dealership. They replaced the ABS module and light is still on. Turns out that it is a problem with the hydraulic system. Not even suure what they mean but they need to order another part. More days in the shop :(

Quick Reply: ABS, Trac Control lights stuck on